oxytocin, pain and sex

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sofy, Dec 15, 2002.

1. sofy

sofy New Member

Have read several places that some are studying oxytocin to treat depression and pain. there is a Dr Flechas in NC who uses it to treat for fibro but cant find anyone to give me an injection. I am most interested in this line of treatment and research. Does any one have any experience or info?

Just a sample:
    Through the touch magic of sex the hormone oxytocin is secreted in your body which in turn causes the release of endorphins. Because of these natural opiates sex acts as a powerful analgesic, elevating the pain threshold and helping to relieve the aches of conditions like arthritis, whiplash and headaches.
    With arousal and orgasm oxytocin levels rise. They spike 3 to 5 times higher than usual just befor orgasm. In fact it is oxytocin that triggers the orgasm. Measurements performed at the Masters and Johnson lab have shown the the uterine contractions brought about by orgasm (triggered by oxytocin) are just as powerful as those of child labor. Women can use this extraordinary orgasmic contraction and relaxation of the uterine muscle to relieve cramps during PMS and menstruation.

2. sofy

sofy New Member

Have read several places that some are studying oxytocin to treat depression and pain. there is a Dr Flechas in NC who uses it to treat for fibro but cant find anyone to give me an injection. I am most interested in this line of treatment and research. Does any one have any experience or info?

Just a sample:
    Through the touch magic of sex the hormone oxytocin is secreted in your body which in turn causes the release of endorphins. Because of these natural opiates sex acts as a powerful analgesic, elevating the pain threshold and helping to relieve the aches of conditions like arthritis, whiplash and headaches.
    With arousal and orgasm oxytocin levels rise. They spike 3 to 5 times higher than usual just befor orgasm. In fact it is oxytocin that triggers the orgasm. Measurements performed at the Masters and Johnson lab have shown the the uterine contractions brought about by orgasm (triggered by oxytocin) are just as powerful as those of child labor. Women can use this extraordinary orgasmic contraction and relaxation of the uterine muscle to relieve cramps during PMS and menstruation.

3. sofy

sofy New Member

Im looking for a way to make this happen without the act. I'm wondering about the pregnenelone, pea l-tyrosine ect. I dont have a partner but do know that when you have a new partner and the thrill of it all happens you get this overall wonderfullness feeling. This eventually goes away and you settle down into a livable rhythym. When we get older we all go crazy for chocolate. That does the same thing as new love. I just think there is a connection to the whole thing that pertains to the peptides and endo system.