Ozone therapy, anyone tried it recently?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by annade, Aug 4, 2008.

1. annade

annade New Member

I met with a my doctor (Dr. Gersten in Encinitas) who is a neurologist/psychiatrist and specializes in amino acid supplements. Anyway, I have been on his protocol a month and noticed slight improvement in some areas but also having more frequent headaches than usual.

He suggested today that I might want to consider doing Ozone Therapy either with Dr. Hitt in Tijuana or Dr. Novack in Pacific Beach. Very leary about trying this, since I know so little about it and even though I researched it for hours on the internet, the verdict is still out as to whether it really helps people with viral overloads (Candida, EBV, HHV-6). Some people swear by it, others say it was a waste of money. Not sure what to do about it and I know it is very expensive, especially since you have to go for multiple treatments.

I have tried so many things and spent so much money that I don't want to pursue a treatment that really has very little success rate. I would appreciate anyone's comments. Thanks to much.

Deanna
  2. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi Deanna,

I'm a big believer in oxygenation/ozone therapies, and have tried several different variations of them. I feel I've had only marginal to good benefits from most of what I've tried, with some of my best results coming from the least expensive approaches. I did an ozone therapy called photophoresis for a while and wrote about my experiences on <a href="http://www.immunesupport.com/chat/forums/message.cfm?id=1075962&B=FM#1076179">this thread</a>.

The main therapeutic effect of ozone is apparently its ability to oxidize pathogens that may be affecting us. I've recently moved onto another oxidizing therapy with a product called MMS (chlorine dioxide). I've been sort of blogging about my experience with it on a thread I started entitled <a href="http://www.immunesupport.com/chat/forums/message.cfm?id=1279713&B=FM">Jump Starting Mitochondria with MMS ? [DCA Notes]</a>. I just made a fairly long post tonight.

Though I think you could get some benefit (perhaps even a significant amount) out of some of these expensive ozone protocols, I would probably recommend doing some research and finding out how you might possibly do some of them in your home at much less cost and inconvenience.

Regards, Wayne
    [This Message was Edited on 08/05/2008]
  3. annade

annade New Member

Wayne, thanks for the extensive info. I read your latest post of ozone therapy/MMS and want to know how to get started. I did some research where this type of treatment is being given (Tijuana at the William Hitt Center). Is this something I can do on my own and if so how do I get started? Am very curious about this especially since the current "alternative" doc I am seeing has strongly recommended this for me since I have very high levels of candida and a high viral load (EBV, CMV, HHV-6). Any info. you can give me on how to start this or where to go would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Deanna
  4. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi Deanna,

Sorry to have taken so long to get back to you. Regarding getting started with various types of ozone therapy. I would suggest considering some of the following (sort of in order of relative cost):

1) Trying a supplement called OxyLift. This is a one ounce bottle of liquid that when ingested, supposedly creates ozone in the body. A bottle normally runs around $20-25, with anough drops to last about a month. I get mine in bulk at a wholesale cost of $10/bottle at a company called Oxygen America. It doesn't take long to start noticing cleansing reactions from this product, so it is highly advisable to start and proceed slowly. I've been taking this product regularly for several years.

2) Oxygen America sells various kinds of oxygenation/ozone products, some of which are designed for GI cleansing. I've not tried them yet, but have read testimonials on how beneficial they have been for some people.

3) You can buy an ozone bubbler, which creates ozonated water. Drinking this directly can begin to introduce ozone into the body. Depending on the capacity, these bubblers can also be used to take ozonated baths. Warm water baths open up the spores and allows the body to absorb a lot of the ozone directly through the skin. You would have to be sure to use filtered bath water to avoid chlorine.

4) You could buy a sauna that creates steam into which ozone is mixed. This has a similar affect to an ozone bath, but is likely more effective. Also probably a bit easier. A company I like called Promolife has various products that would allow you to get started on ozone saunas.

5) I don't know if this is an ozone product per se, but I've recently started using a product called Cell Food by Lumina Health Products. It was highly recommended by Rainbow11 (username) and, trusting her recommendation, decided to try it. It's referred to as an oxygen product but I don't think it has ozone. Anyway, I have found it to be very helpful for me. It just seems to give me a strong feeling of groundedness and extra energy when I take it. Rainbow recommends taking it slowly also as it can cause cleansing reactions.

6) Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) - I am looking for a doctor locally who will prescribe this off label for me. Many people with head injuries, CFS, Lyme, and other various neurological conditions have been dramatically helped by HBOT.

I've recommended a book several times on this message board entitled "Flood Your Body with Oxygen" by Ed McCabe. It is not the best written book, but it is very comprehensive (perhaps too much so). Reading it however should give you some very good insights into the whole area of oxygenation/ozone therapies. This would include many of the benefits and where and how it is being used successfully in the world. And then of course (sadly), it discusses some of the realities of the health politics in this country as it pertains to oxygen therapies.

Regarding possibly getting started with MMS. There are numerous websites that sell this product. There are also many forums that are discussing people's experience with it. It usually sells for around $20, which is enough to normally last several months. This has a different oxidizing effect than oxygen or ozone; seems more powerful. As such, I strongly recommend doing a fair amount of research on it. If you decide to do it, definitely start and proceed slowly.

I've probably missed a couple points here, but hopefully, this information can get you started in doing some research. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding my own experience. I've not done all of these therapies I've listed because of the cost involved.

Regards, Wayne
    [This Message was Edited on 08/23/2008]
  5. JenniferAnn539

JenniferAnn539 New Member

Thanks for the post, and additionally, all the valuable information that followed.
  6. jole

jole Member

Wayne, is this anything like what you are talking or know about? I have an appointment with an osteopath to discuss this procedure...am a little bit leery of it because of cost (around $200/treatment) and the fact that it is IV therapy.

But on the other hand, I have been told by the people who have had it that their pain has greatly lessened and overall sense of wellbeing has improved.

The main ingredient in the IV is hydrogen peroxide...which splits into oxygen when entering blood or water. Each treatment takes from 1-3 hours, and depending on the severity of symptoms, may take from 1-20 treatments.

Yes, this will be too expensive for me too...but am hoping I can see some difference with the first treatment, and perhaps only need 1/month. (Wishful thinking, I'm sure.)

Anything you might add about this protocol, good or bad?? Thanks in advance****Jole****
  7. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi Jole,

Yes, I have read and heard about IV hydrogen peroxide therapy. And I've read both good and bad. The bad I've read about is that it has at times been administered by health care practitiioners who were not well qualified to do the procedure. Also, there was a learning curve, and some mistakes were made in the beginning.

I don't remember any reactions being so serious as to jeopardize one's health or life however. I seem to mostly remember that the point where the H2O2 enters through the needle into the body can be very vulnerable, and special attention needs to focused on not "burning" the vein.

The good I've heard is that it has in some instances dramtically improved some people's CFS symptoms. This was apparently able to be accomplished without any side effects, presumably because it was done by a well-qualified practitioner who was able to follow a well-developed protocol.

This strikes me as being similar to the photophoresis therapy I've tried. In the photophoresis, the blood is withdrawn and exposed to activated oxygen (ozone or O1) and ultraviolet radiation, before it is diverted back into the body. So in these 30-minute sessions, blood is withdrawn and exposed to ozone instead of the other way around which would be the case with IV H2O2 therapy. By the way, H2O2 breaks down naturally to water and ozone (H2O + O1), and it's the O1 that has the ability to oxidize most pathogens.

As I've mentiioned in previous posts, I found the experience to be helpful, but only temporary. I could begin to feel immensely better while I was doing the 30-minute procedure, and sometimes for a day or two afterward. There were occasions when I did feel worse, which I attributed to too much dieoff at one time. I did these weekly for a couple of months, but it didn’t seem to be addressing the root of my problem.

In the book “Flooding Your Body with Oxygen”, author Ed McCabe described this photophoresis machine, and how a new generation of this could potentially revolutionize health care delivery. The new machine he described did the very same thing, but the patient was also hooked up to kidney dialysis at the same time. So instead of having to stop at 30 minutes to prevent a toxic overload, it could be done for much longer periods (hours) without the worry of overwhelming herxing reactions. Made a lot of sense to me.

A big problem with any type of therapy that kills pathogens, whether conventional or alternative, is that dieoff reactions can become severe and overwhelm the body's detoxification abilities. That's why I always try to do adjunctive detoxification therapies, with clay foot baths being one of my favorite. I'm still looking forward to getting a far infrared (FIR) sauna to help out as well.

When it comes to making a decision as to which direction to take with oxygen/ozone therapies, I've tended to go with the least expensive. The reason being is that these inexpensive therapies are normally able to begin killing pathogens and creating detox/cleansing symptoms. So my thinking is to why pay a lot of money for the same thing? I don't believe it's good at all to overtax our bodies with intense detoxification symptoms.

I suspect some of the practitioners who practice these therapies are not aware of the seriously compromised detoxification systems many of us with CFS have. I would of course attribute much of these detoxification problems to a methylation cycle block (MCB) many of us have and which has been written about on this board so extensively by Richvank. So I actually tend to feel more comfortable doing lower-cost things at home at my own pace with my own knowledge. And with the lesser costs, there's the likelihood I can do them for longer periods of time as necessary.

I hope this hasn't come across as a bit too rambling. Just trying to explain a bit of my own philosophy. But it is just that, my philosophy. I don't have years of extensive experience administering oxygenation therapies, and if I did, I could quite likely have a totally different perspective. It could be the same case if I had access to and experience with a competent practitioner. As always, I feel everybody should do their reseach and follow their own intuition.

Best, Wayne
    [This Message was Edited on 08/23/2008]
  8. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

I thought I would post this testimonial/book review that I found and posted on another thread at one time. -- Wayne

Flood Your Body with Oxygen -- by Ed McCabe

49 of 50 people found the following review helpful:

The most important health book of the past 50 years., June 8, 2004

By Mira S. Ghoshal (Beacon, NY USA)

After suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME) for 14 years, I was freed from this degenerative disease by ozone treatments along with acupressure and other Asian methods. Years of treatment by modern medicine did nothing for me except to make my symptoms a little easier to live with, while at the same time the medications played havoc with the chemical balance of my body.The ozone was the key to the success of the whole process because it killed the pathogenic mycoplasma that causes CFS in the first place without further damaging an already weakened body. As Ed McCabe writes in this magnificent book on page 57:

"Almost every virus, bacteria, fungi, mycoplasm, parasite, and other pathogen found in all diseases, including HIV, arthritis, heart disease, cancer, chronic fatigue, epstein-barr, candida, and every other disease you can name are the same as all the other primitive life forms. They are facultative anaerobes. 'Anaerobic' simply means they cannot live in oxygen. These disease bugs simple cannot live in active oxygen."

I have also learned from reading this book that I can clean the air in my house using ozone, that I can drink ozonated water, that I can wash my food with ozonated water, along with many other uses that are mentioned in the book. I am on my way to being healthy again and now after reading this book I will have the tools to be healthy for the rest of my life. If you are ill right now or you just want to stay healthy please read this book. Our health is really in our own hands and now we have the information on how to take care of our bodies thanks to Ed McCabe.
  9. mulder2000

mulder2000 New Member

I have been to the longevity center in LA and they are very experienced in oxidative therapies. I would highly recommend going there if you choose to pursue this avenue. (http://www.drgruenn.com).

I have done UVBI and IV H2O2 treatments and did get some benefits from them (more from H2O2).
  10. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi Annade,

Thought I'd bump this up for you in case you missed my replies.

Regards, Wayne