P-5-P (coenzymated B6) update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mbofov, Jan 16, 2012.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Well, I crashed. It seems the pyridoxal-5-phosphate really did increase my energy, I felt really good, but I have no more stamina than before, cannot do more before crashing. I had been hoping tihs might be the Holy Grail.

So am debating whether to pursue the peptide injections (total cost $3,600 + for a year, though you shoudl be able to tell after 3 shots ($1,000) whether they will work, or -

Get 3 crowns replaced (total cost around $3,000) and do Andrew Cutler's mercury protocol in earnest. I did have all my fillings removed several years ago, but there may be mercury under my crowns and you are not supposed to do Cutler's protocol if you have any mercury in your mouth.

And of course there is no way of knowing ahead of time if either of these protocols will do anything besides put me into debt. But nothing seems to help me get past crashing, which means my life is still on hold, still cannot do anything I really want to.

I will keep taking teh P-5-P (for those who want more info, see my other post which has all the info), because it is definitely doing something good for me, plus helping with sleep, but it's just not enough.

Mary
  2. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Well, that's too bad, Mary.
    The GcMAF I'm taking is sort of the opposite. I don't feel more energetic, but I can do more without crashing.
    So it will be interesting to see what happens when I take both. So far, no big effects to report.

Fore
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

What is the GcMAF supposed to do? I looked it up when you wrote about it before but I forget what it was.

Okay, I just did a really quick search - looks like it boosts the immune system?

Where do you buy it and how much does it cost?

Thanks, Fore -

Mary
  4. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Some researchers noticed that cancers suppress a part of the immune system called macrophages. They wondered what would happen if they turned the macrophages back on. So when they gave people MAF (macrophage activating factor) some people with cancer got better.

Then they tried it on people with AIDS, and then finally on CFS and other illnesses. It seems to work on some people with all these illnesses, depending on genetics. Macrophages are like the Pacmen of the immune system. They eat up whatever bad guys you have in you.

GcMAF can also cause inflammation in people with CFS, because it activates the immune system. So we have to be super careful with it. I got mine from GcMAF.eu. It's very expensive. However, a couple researchers are working on putting it into yogurt. That would be cheaper and easier to take.

Fore
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I am really glad it is giving you more stamina. Well, I'm going for at least one peptide injection and hope it does the same for me - will see -

Best,

Mary
  6. mary01

mary01 New Member

I am a patient of Dr. Derek Enlander in NYC. He is administering the GcMAF in a medium of kefir ( a liquid form of yogurt that contains multiple strains of probiotics. I very much want to try it but have a serious dairly alergy. The last time I was in the office I asked him if they could used Goat kefir. I have found a source in CA and hope to have it sent to Dr. E. and givethe GcMAF a try.

Mary01

7. mary01

mary01 New Member

I am a patient of Dr. Derek Enlander in NYC. He is administering the GcMAF in a medium of kefir ( a liquid form of yogurt that contains multiple strains of probiotics. I very much want to try it but have a serious dairly alergy. The last time I was in the office I asked him if they could used Goat kefir. I have found a source in CA and hope to have it sent to Dr. E. and givethe GcMAF a try.

Mary01

8. abbylily

abbylily New Member

Hello, I have MS and therefore cannot use the injections of GcMAF, as they may cause relapse. I understand that the GcMAF yogurt had much fewer side effects. DId you find a source for the yogurt, and if so, how is it obtained, please?
    Thanks,
    Barbara
  9. abbylily

abbylily New Member

what is your source in california for this yogurt please? Thanks so much,
    Barbara :))
  10. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I think it would be best if you did a separate post asking about GcMAF yogurt, as people looking at this particular post will mainly be thinking about p-5-p - they won't be looking at it to get info re GcMAF. It's been awhile since the GcMAF discussion and I think you would get more responses with a separate post -

Mary
  11. abbylily

abbylily New Member

Does anyone know of a source for the GcMaf yogurt? I have MS and cannot use the GcMAF injections due to the possibility of relapse. The yogurt is supposed to cause less side effects for MS patients. My nagalase level is 4.0.