PAIN?? about myofacial pain and fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by onnaroll, Jun 26, 2006.

1. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

does anyone here feel like they need a massage constently?? well i started my search for a good myo doc. But in the mean time i let my older daughter rub my back the other night and she found one of my really sore tender points,i had her use her elbow on it pressing and holding, And the next day I was horrific PAINNNN, my back was sooooo swollen and sore i couldnt help but cry, and of corse it was hubbies only day of this week.

So was just curious if any of you notice terrible swelling after getting massage?? and if any of you feel like you need a deep massge 24-7?

HUGS onnaroll
  2. atowne

atowne New Member

I always feel like that and i get the same pain after using triggerpoint or accupressure ... i feel completely bruised and sor eno swelling though i want a massage all the time but it hurts so bad when deep good luck
  3. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I have the combo of FMS/CMPD and I find light, Swedish Soft Tissue massage, helps me so much.
    I can't tolerate the Deep Tissue kind, makes me worse.

I think it's about time for one, my Feet, are screaming for one. ;o)
    sharonk
  4. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

thank you everyone. yes i do ice it when its that bad, my problem seem to be that its mostley in one area of my back. going to see a new doctor for my pain today, ill let you now how it goes. thanks again everyone for your help.

love onna
  5. reckabek

reckabek New Member

feel like i need a massage 24/7 and i feel like i need to move my body around 24/7 to stretch it...i hurt, like lately ive been doing the excersises the dr. talks about...OUCH....im sore, and tension tight..uggg...i just called my new dr. which is in the midst of sending me to get DX'ed and i hope he will be so gracios to call me in some good stuff....i am on neurontin, but it aint cutting it yet....only thing ever to help me was, vicodin and flexeril...right now it feels like a good muscle relaxer will be ideal..do u think xanax would relax em??? i dont want to waste those but i do have some....thanks, beck