Pain after exam?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by denpen72, Sep 5, 2008.

1. denpen72

denpen72 New Member

I am new to fibro but I just wanted to see if anyone else experiences this or if it is just a coincidence. Yesterday (as some of you may have read) I went to Dr. Pellegrino for the first time. This was the first time I'd ever had the tender point check done. Currently, my hips and inner knees are what is bothering me. However, after having the exam yesterday, the two spots on either side of my lower head/upper neck are killing me! They hurt just when my hair brushes against them and I can't even think about touching them. I also have a headache.

Do you think this was from the exam or is it just a coincendence that these points are flaring up? I honestly don't know if they've EVER hurt this bad??? :(
  2. charlenef

charlenef New Member

probably the exam i keep putting off the pain managment dr because i already know what i am in for. an exam can put me in bed for a month, im there anyway but the pain is so bad i cant even do what i can do now. i dont understand why they have to touch me.i hate it
  3. vannafeelbettr

vannafeelbettr New Member

Yes, definately in more pain....especially my hip!! My rheumo claims it is nerve damage. Who knows? All I know is OUCH!!