pain ambundent love at home is not to be found

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mainerose, May 17, 2006.

1. mainerose

mainerose New Member

hi, i am in pain and agony, have been like this for 2 days. i felt better yesterday. i am suffering from so may pain related issues besides the fibro. my back feals like someond is ripping out my spine and they are doing it through my tail bone. i was diagonesd with a new back disorder. i can not rember what it is called.

i did something stuppid today. i was in so much pain i did not take my pain meds when i got up. ii was in so much pain i was barley walking. i did not take anything for pain till 6pm.. i just figured that i knew that the med would not take care of the pain. i am sitting here with my back killing me, my r knee feals like somone is destroying it, and all the other crap has me in agony. i would like for my doctor to go through this and then he would know why i asked for a rescu pain medication.. if he had off then i would not be like this. then he says to go for a walk yea, right..
  2. erfula1

erfula1 New Member

That is exactly why I quit even going to Drs. I just wish the ones with these stupid ideas of going for a walk when you are in extreme pain could spend 48 hours in our shoes. I bet they would change their stupid advice then.
    I know that when I was on pain meds they told me not to wait until I was in extreme pain to take them because they wouldn't work as well. They said to take them when I first felt the pain. Of course then as now I was in pain 24/7. I've just learned to deal with it the best way I can. I hope one day there will be a valid treatment for this DD. Until then I'll stick with my supplements.

Good luck to you and you are in my prayers.
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

Gosh, you are in a lot of pain. I liked the way you described your back pain-that was perfect. Mine feels like that at times, but I don't think I could have ever described it in words as well as you did. Some doctors are just not very educated or understanding of this dd. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Kriket
  4. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

I hurt pretty much all of the time and I spend more time down than up. I had been battling my doctors and getting the run around and felt like I was being treated like a pill freak for a long time. I don't know if it's the combination of changing to a nurse practitioner that has lupus plus the fm and mps, but I discussed signing a "chronic pain management contract" (at least I think that's what she called it) with her and once I signed the paper (which basically protects them) they starting giving me the actual amounts of medicine that I needed with no problem and seem so much more willing to work with me in trying new meds until we find the right combination. If you've got a "somewhat" understanding doctor, you might ask about that contract. Basically is says you won't exchange medications with anyone, you won't buy any off the street and are subject to random drug screens if they feel it is necessary (which they've never actually done - not that I would mind). I have to constantly maintain a certain level of pain meds in my system, or I get in basically the same shape you're in and it takes several days to get it built back up in my system again. I broke my back several years ago, and I have a lot of trouble with that as well as everything else that goes along with this. Nothing I've tried so far ever really takes the pain away, it just knocks the edge off a little bit, but you can bet I won't go without it again, no matter how much I hate taking pills. I sure do hope you get to feeling much better soon!!!