pain and depression

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I have been in so much pain for so long now.

Went to my parents for Christmas. Was so embarassed. Everytime I sat down and then had to get up I had a hard time straightening up my back. Look like I am falling apart. I never talk about my fm with family, they are not support at all so why talk about it. I hated that my pain was that obvious. No one asked if I was ok, just ignored me as usual.

Sleep is very difficult. Pain in my ribs,back,neck and shoulders keep me from getting comfortable. Christmas eve I cried out a few times cause of pain, it was tough.

I want to exercise and do so much. My house is a mess. Floors need to be mopped so bad.But the pain.

On top of that I am having trouble with my stomach. Gastroparesis, heital hernia and something else, waiting on biopsy from endoscopy.

So depressing.

I am not on any anti depressant anymore cause of cost and side effects. No xanax or anything to help take the edge off.

Sorry for complaining so much, just feel so down today.

SO tired of pain!
  2. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

I understand how you feel. Everytime I sit down and try to get up, my legs just hurt so bad and they don't want to work. I am dealing with FM, degenerative disc disease, polycystic ovary syndrome, arthritis and acid reflux. The doctor just referred me to a rheumatologist and I go this Thursday.

Don't worry about the mess in the house and the inability to do anything. Your health comes first. Do you have any friends that might come over and help you clean? I know that my kids and my boyfriend have had to step up and help me out and it's depressing for me to sit and watch them work but I have no choice and it's something I will have to get used to.

Hopefully you can find some relief. I will pray for you.