pain and hands question help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by onnaroll, Mar 17, 2006.

1. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

i havent posted in a long time but was wondering if any of u have noticed any deformaties with your nails,my thumbs have lumps and waves in them,havent mintioned this to my doctor,but feel it has something to do with the arm pain and back pain i suffer from.anyone have any ideas? thanks onnaroll
    [This Message was Edited on 03/17/2006]
  2. marw

marw New Member

I don't have anything like that with my nails, but my Dad did, and my Mom, too, I think. IT may have had to do with diabetes in my Dad's case, but in my Mom's it is definitely a fungus that causes it. You get it treated with some med from the skin doc, I think. Can't remember for sure.

Of course, it could be related to this disease. I don't really know, but I thought I'd pass this info re the fungus, in case you could have that checked.

Hope it goes away for you soon.
    Margaret
  3. marw

marw New Member

I don't have anything like that with my nails, but my Dad did, and my Mom, too, I think. IT may have had to do with diabetes in my Dad's case, but in my Mom's it is definitely a fungus that causes it. You get it treated with some med from the skin doc, I think. Can't remember for sure.

Of course, it could be related to this disease. I don't really know, but I thought I'd pass this info re the fungus, in case you could have that checked.

Hope it goes away for you soon.
    Margaret

P.S. Vitamin deficiencies can also cause it, I believe.
  4. memawwade

memawwade New Member

I have all of those things in my nails, especially thumb nails, but I have read in various sources that they are common with fibromyalgia
  5. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

yes my thumb nails,pain has been so bad in arms before all this,it just seems like it most definetal came from the fibro. thanks mfs ...=) mem where have you read about the nails and fibro? curious thanks again both of you for responding to my message.
  6. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

7. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

The condition you described can be a sign of anemia.

Linda
  8. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

thanks you guys, good ideas! my iron, has been low in the past not sure what its at now. im going to talk with my doc at my appointment coming up. and wren why didnt i think of that lmao.duhhhhh tyty the fog must be really thick here lately..lol

hugs to my new friends onnaroll
    [This Message was Edited on 03/19/2006]