Pain and Tingling in arm and hand

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by petsrme, Aug 1, 2006.

1. petsrme

petsrme Member

I just want to apologize for not participating as much here as I should. I have terrible arthritis in my hands and now the pain has travelled to my right forearm. It aches and burns. If I rub along the thumb and down the wrist electric tingling happens. If I dangle the arm down toward my feet it tingles and burns. The pain is constant. The weird thing is that my rheumy put me on sulfazine EC in June to help with the arthritis. That made me nauseous all the time. I am still taking it, but it is so weird the pain has tripled with me being back on plaquinil and starting the sulfazine. I posted a topic about sulfazine on here, but no one really responded. I figure no one else is taking it. My last resort is to now start taking methotrexate when I go for next visit. I am starting to wonder if this is some kind of nerve damage or neuropathy.

I can't take this pain much longer. I lay in bed all the time because of fatigue and sleep is the only escape from pain. I love the internet, but I just can't see staying on it much longer. Typeing is excruciating. I go around with my right arm tucked up to my breast to keep it from tingling. If anyone knows if Sulfazine helps or doesn't let me know. If anyone has any ideas on why my hand is tingling and shocking let me know. I have been worried for years it owuld move to nerve damage. Does arthirits cause that? Everytime I try to open my mom's front door for about two years (the knob is loose) a shock runs through my arm and hand. That was the beginning. Now it is full blown all the time.

Again, I am so sorry for not helping you guys more. If I have not answered some of your posts I am sorry. I loveit here and will keep logging on as long as I can. You are all so great. Thank you for being there for people who don't give as much back. I appreicatiat it so much.
  2. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I too have neuropathy in my hands and up my arms.......it mostly effects me when I lay down or sleep.......I wake up with my hands solid and burning stiff!

Sometimes it is so painful! I also have very similar problems with my legs around my knee area........they lock up while Iam sleeping and it hurts more than all three of my labors ( having my boys) put together if I try to move them.

I have to lay still until it goes away! It is so scary and painful!
    So....I sympathize with you completly!

PLEASE don't feel bad for not being on here........we all have our limitaions and issues we understand and love you just the way you are!

Iam no Dr that's for sure but I honeslty think that some of the problems your having is from dd!

I hope that you get relief soon and that your Dr can help to figure out something that can help you!
    In fact now that I mention it my Dr rx'd something for my neuropahty too.....but my mind is frozen if I find it I will let you know tomorrow!

I love you and hope you are feeling better soon!

LoveXO
    Doxy
  3. petsrme

petsrme Member

Thank you Doxy. You are a true friend and shining light. I appreciate you so much.
  4. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I wrote another post to you please look for "Petsrme" Posted today 8-2-06

XO
    Doxy
  5. petsrme

petsrme Member

Thank you Doxy!
  6. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

i havent been ablr to respond to alot of posts, because i am deeling with that, it is only in left hand,arm

so i am typing one handed, trakes way longer
  7. petsrme

petsrme Member

Blessed, I hope you are feeling better soon. I know exactly what you mean.

Wamps thank you so much. You are like family and I appreciate you so much. I saw your post on the other post and I agree, I guess it is time to stop taking it since it isn't helping. It must be rare because I believe you are the only one who posted back to me about sulfazine.