Pain behind the knees?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Apr 26, 2003.

1. Does anyone have pain behind the knees? Sometimes it gets really bad, especially during the night when I am trying to sleep or first thing in the morning. Is this part of fibro do you think. It seems anything you mention to a dr. once they tell you that you have fibro is all fibro then. Ugh!
  2. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I often get a very intense pain in the knee area. It keeps me awake at night even with pain pills. I have found that in my case, if I get up and walk around, it helps a lot. I will sometimes walk down to the creek on the back of our place and watch for the cougar that has been coming around. I have always assumed that my pain is a part of the FM, because I started having it about the same time I was diagnosed with "Fibrositis" in 1990. Anytime you want to go for a midnight stroll, give me a shout.
    Kathryn
  3. Misdiagnosed

Misdiagnosed New Member

I get a lot og tightening in my right knee and I can feel bands of what feels like lumpy fibrous tissue running across the back of the knee.

I try to work the lumps away which helps and I've just bought a small massage unit that helps a bit too.

Regards
    Gill
  4. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

especially my right one. I drive school bus & think the extra use of the "gas leg" is taking a toll. Never had the problem before fms. so am assuming is goes along with all the other stuff we put up with. There are days I can't drive because it hurts so much. Pain meds do very little but for me heat is great.

At least you know you're not alone with this one!

Take care......Kathi
  5. Where did you find the small machine to massage and help the back of your knees? Yours sounds like mine, I too can feel small lumpy sore spots.
    Kathi sounds scarey walking near cougars!!! I think I'll pass on that one!! LOL!
    [This Message was Edited on 04/26/2003]
  6. DebP

DebP New Member

Sorry I dont want to give you bad news, but ive had this pain due to my fibro for about 6 years now....I definitely do think it is the fibro.
    DebP
    Hugs and God Bless