Pain Centers...Pros and Cons

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sshields38, Jul 15, 2008.

1. sshields38

sshields38 New Member

I have had fibro for over 6 years. My family Dr whom I LOVE referred me to a pain clinic. I'm fine with that and with the rules, etc. But I am having a difficult time getting them to LISTEN to me...the patient. They have me on MS Contin which knocks me out, makes me extremely nauseated and I just cannot function on it. I cannot get them te change the meds to something I can at least function on. Please send me any ideas you may have on how to get through to my pain dr? HELP ! I am miserable !!!!
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

If MS Contin is making you sick get off of it. I took it for 9 months and was sick the entire time. Extreme constipation, nausea, vomiting, rashes, etc.

By the time I stopped it I had lost over 40 lbs because I could not eat. Food even made me sick.

After being on 60 mg day for months I took a drug called Subutex so I could stop it with no withdrawal effects. You actually transition from MS Contin, or any opiate to Subutex. Subutex also treats pain but is different - you dissolve it under you tongue.

No one should be put on a drug like MS Contin and kept on it if you don't like it.