PAIN CLINIC APPT. ACTUALLY MADE ME HOPEFUL

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pinkgirl, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl New Member

I was so worried about my pain clinic appt, because they told me they wouldn't continue my treatment and the nurse who called me was really very rude.

I saw a dr. at this same clinic a year or two ago and he was sooooo cold, he saw me for less than five minutes and wrote in his report to my regular dr that I was overreacting, my FM wasn't that bad, and that I was just looking for narcotics! Five minute appt, seven page letter about me... but, MY NEW DR. ROCKS!

He is setting up a day long set of appts to totally assess my problems, in all aspects, mentally, nutritionally, everything! Plus he's setting me up with an occupational therapist to help me continue with my schooling! He actually sat and listened to me, he told me that he felt bad for me and would do anything he can to help me! He said that I cannot be fixed, but he will improve my day to day life... which is really all I wanted to hear all along!

He also is approving the continuation of the Darvocet (which is better than quitting narcotics cold turkey) until my pain is under control, which was a load off my shoulders!

Just wanted to share the happy news!
    Merry Christmas!
    Hugs,
    Love
  2. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Pinkgirl:

Glad you had a good experience. I hope it works out for you.

Ingrid
  3. momof471

momof471 New Member

Congratulations on your ne doc! Its wonderful when you find one that acknowledges how you are feeling. Then works to help make your life better while not saying that the pain will go away. We want that magic bullet, but we all know there is not one yet. Luckily, I have a doc that will listen to me and then do what he can to help me at the time whether its more pt or an injection, or somebody just to bounce these issues of daily life off of.