Pain clinic for Ist. time on Thursday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Imnoangle, Oct 22, 2002.

1. Imnoangle

Imnoangle New Member

I go to the clinic in the morning and I'm a little scared.I'm not sure what to expect. If it is anything like the last 6 doctors I went to I'll scream. They all told me it was because I was Fat(gained100 pounds in last 2 years) or it's all in my head. My family and I know I'm in pain, I just hope this place will listen. Maybe it's a good thing that I'm in the middle of a flare up, so they can see. Since my daughter got sick this week there is no more naps during the day until she goes back to school. Maybe then things will calm down abit. I hope everyone is well today.
    Thanks Dawn
  2. Imnoangle

Imnoangle New Member

I go to the clinic in the morning and I'm a little scared.I'm not sure what to expect. If it is anything like the last 6 doctors I went to I'll scream. They all told me it was because I was Fat(gained100 pounds in last 2 years) or it's all in my head. My family and I know I'm in pain, I just hope this place will listen. Maybe it's a good thing that I'm in the middle of a flare up, so they can see. Since my daughter got sick this week there is no more naps during the day until she goes back to school. Maybe then things will calm down abit. I hope everyone is well today.
    Thanks Dawn
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Pain docs are just like all other docs; some of them are good and some aren't. I think it's a good idea when contacting the clinic for an appointment to ask whether they treat Fibro. Most do.

I hope you get lucky like I did. My pain doc knows more about FMS and CFS than all my other docs put together, including my rheumy.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Love, Mikie
  4. pamela

pamela New Member

Hi there sweetie!!! I don't know if I was lucky or what the case but I had enough suffering for 2 1/2 years and I finally got my Dr. to refer me to one and I have been so much better!!! I was also in a wreck w/ metal in my ankles and a bolt in my knee. I will never be the same but the wreck started FMS and Myofascial Syndrome plus they say I have the degenerative bone thingy going on. Anyway, I was in alot of pain when I went and had NO SLEEP so to get help be your worst. Good luck!!! Pamela