Pain Clinic Info Please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowee, Mar 23, 2006.

1. meowee

meowee New Member

I had my regular Dr. Appointment today. I have seen all kinds of doctors with not much success, rheumotologist, neurologist, etc. My family doctor seems to be the most caring and understanding one of the bunch. Today he said he wants me to start going to a pain clinic where they can treat my pain. I have been on so much medication, as I am sure you all have. After awhile, it seems to quit working so you go onto something stronger. I am now on Vicodin and Soma for my back, and lexipro 20 mgs.

Anyway, I was wondering what I can expect from the pain clinic. I have never been to one. Any help is appreciated . Thank you all and best of Luck.
  2. meowee

meowee New Member

I take lexapro and I feel it has helped me, too. I started out on a 10 mg but now am on 20mg.
  3. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

My chiropractor sent me to a pain clinic when he could no longer help me. I had not ben diagnosed yet and was only on advil.

The doctor at the clinic did an EMG test and ordered an MRI test.

He gave me meds and a prescript. for physical therapy.

That was the beginning to my diagnosis.

Claudia
  4. meowee

meowee New Member

thanks very much for your response, claudiaw. I have been diagnosed but to the point where just regular meds don't seem to help much. I sure hope this clinic can. There is such a long wait to get in, so many people are suffering with pain.

good luck to you