Pain Clinic

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pam112361, Nov 4, 2009.

1. pam112361

pam112361 New Member

I'm going to the Pain Clinic at Vanderbilt (Nashville, TN) today and am not sure what to expect. Can anyone share their experience at a Pain Clinic with me?

2. munch1958

munch1958 Member

You may luck out and find a good doctor who understands CFS, FM and/or Lyme disease. My experience with 3 different pain clinics has all been very bad. I can't even begin to type and post those horrible experiences as in they were just too traumatic to recall.

Their treatment usually boils down to here's some Lyrica...Gabapentin...neurontin...Prozac, Wellbutrin...etc. No FM pain is all in your head. No we can't give you pain meds for chronic muscle'll become addicted. blah blah.

Not one of the pain clinics that I tried (both MAJOR teaching hospitals in Chicago) could double as a zoo. Everyone is running around but the patients limp out and limp back in. They can't really tell you how to get rid of pain at a pain clinic.

Let us know how your visit went. I hope things are better in your state.
  3. SwatWife525

SwatWife525 New Member

I never went to the one at Vanderbilt, but did go to one in Murfreesboro, which I'm sure you know is close to Nashville.

My luck at Pain Clinic = Here are some pain pills. Once you take enough you won't realize whether anything hurts or not....