Pain Creativity ART Exhibitall invited, deadline: 9/20

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Sep 7, 2007.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

This is from the American Pain Foundation about its 2007 APF (American Pain Foundation) Pain and Creativity Exhibit, Deadline September 20!

We would like to expand our Pain and Creativity network to connect artists and their expressions of pain through an online exhibit of creative work.

A select group of artists and their work will be honored and prominently featured with the American Pain Foundation and our project partner, the HealthCentral Network, through online and print publications.

The pain and creativity community will be ongoing, but to be considered for this opportunity to be honored and have your work featured (visual arts, inspirational videos, poetry, prose, quilt blocks), we need your submissions by September 20th. Click here for more information.

If you know anyone who you think would be interested in sharing their art, please pass this on! Thank you.

This is the link

1) Still Visual Arts: Contribute poetry, prose, or a digital picture of your artwork and a paragraph about yourself, the artwork you’re displaying, and how it represents your pain experience.

2) Pain Video: Spread the word about how pain affects your life or the life of someone you love. Create a video and upload it to our Pain and Creativity site to share with others, provide inspiration and tell your story. Help us tell others the impact pain has on your life.

3) Pain Quilt: APF in conjunction with the Lagniappe Project of Baltimore, is calling for the submission of quilt blocks for the inclusion in a quilt.

Interesting project, could be good exposure!
    All the best,

2. ckball

ckball New Member

Hi- Oh how I would love to do this but I am too sick to do it. I haven't checked the link out yet but will.

I look at my mosic work the broken peices of glass or tiles as taking pile of broken stuff and turning into a thing of beauty. Like when we fall apart from these illness's then pull up the boot straps and make ourselves live a better life, even if it kills us. You know what I mean.

I am in a bad CF flair, have been going non-stop for 2 weeks and I am even having a hard time writing this, my mind is mush.

I am having foot surgery in 2 weeks and have so many things to get done before that becasue I won't be able to do much of anything for about 8-12 weeks.

Hopefully I will get my brain back and look into the art thing because art is a great way to express what we feel and turn broken and ugly to beautiful-Thanks Carla
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

I like the way you worded that, about your mosaics putting back the pieces of your life simile/metaphor/whatever it is.. very well said.

I'm sorry to hear you're flaring... hope you don't overdo too much trying to get stuff done before your surgery.

&, Hopefully since it sounds like you'll be doing a lot of forced sitting down from your foot surgery, this will leave the gate open for you to do some art. I hope you get the chance to lay it out for yourself before going for the surgery, that way it'd be ready for you when you're ready for it!

I'm going thru herxes as often as possible, it basically stops me from doing much other than feeding myself and other very basic things.

I know there are other artists on here, hope they see this in time!