PAIN DOWN YOUR SPINE?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NONNAB, Dec 9, 2002.

1. NONNAB

NONNAB New Member

HI EVERYONE, JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS PAIN UP AND
    DOWN THEIR SPINE. MINE HURTS ALMOST ALL THE TIME NOW. I HAVE
    TOLD MY MASSAGE THERAPIST ABOUT IT AND SHE THINKS IT MAY
    BE MY MUSCLES ATTACHED TO THE SPINE. DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS
    PAIN?
  2. NONNAB

NONNAB New Member

HI EVERYONE, JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS PAIN UP AND
    DOWN THEIR SPINE. MINE HURTS ALMOST ALL THE TIME NOW. I HAVE
    TOLD MY MASSAGE THERAPIST ABOUT IT AND SHE THINKS IT MAY
    BE MY MUSCLES ATTACHED TO THE SPINE. DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS
    PAIN?
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

I haven't been able to lie on my back for well over a year. It's the muscles. My massage therapist and my chiro work on them every time I go. My chiro doesn't do much of the typical manipulations. She does some stretching of my lower back and then does manual soft tissue work on me. Doesn't go away, but helps some.

Barbara
  4. Misdiagnosed

Misdiagnosed New Member

Hi there

A resounding yes - what started as a spasmed groin and shoulder pain ihas progressed to affecting the spine. Lower back pain and am developing lordosis, a pulling sensation in the midddle to right side of the back, shoulder spasms that force the neck forward which affects my breathing.

Find stretching givs temporary relief and acupuncture and meditatin can also give relief. Am still not convinced that there's nerve entrapment problem or similar.

For a while there I was getting zapping feelings up my spine that would cause different muscle groups to lock up. Can't believe how my body's disintegrating.

Good Luck
    Regards
    Gill
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

My FMS started with pain down my crevical spine which was so severe that I could not turn my neck. I now have degenerative disc disease in the exact spot where it started 17 yrs. ago.
    It is probably the muscles along your spine, but just to be safe, I'd suggest having your Rheumy examine it, and maybe run a blood test for Ankylosing spondylitis, which is another Rheumatic illness that often manifests with spinal pain. I think it's a blood test called HLA B27, or something like that (not sure of exact name of test).
    Best wishes in getting it under control,
    Klutzo
  6. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I too have pain up and down my spine also. They think I have degenerative disc disease. I agree that you should discuss this with your Doctor to rule out possible spinal diseases. My Chiro tries everything to get my spinal muscles to relax but they do not. They are either so tight that I can not move or they are so weak they can not hold it in proper place.
    Hope you find some answers
    Joannie
  7. JP

JP New Member

I have this and I also have disease in my spine...I hope it passes for you. It's always good to check these things out. I waited far too long to get help.

take care,
    Jan