Pain Dr acted like he doesn't believe Rheumy Angry

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bunnyfluff, Mar 22, 2006.

1. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

I have been seeing this guy for 5 years, and now suddenly he is questioning my condition!! He was asking me where it hurt, and what type of pain, and then said it sounded more like Osteo than FMS! He said, have you been checked for that? I said Dr Joseph is pretty good with his diagnosis, he has been treating FMS/CFS for 20 years, may pain seems to be more neurological than joint deterioration.

So, now he referred me to a neurologist!!! He acted like he didn't want to give me any more pain pills until he saw what the neurologist had to "say" about my pain, so not sure what that's about.

I am angry, upset, and feel like I have to defend my DD all over again. What a load of crap. If he doesn't want to see FMS patients anymore, he should just say so.

What the heck is the neurologist going to do for me anyway!? Tell me I have pain??
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I HATE this! Most pain docs are osteopaths aren't they? Yeh, the rheumy referes to the pain doc the pain doc referes to the neuro the neuro refers to the rheumy dedah dedahdedah,

Twerps! Idiots.

The beuro will probably say, mmmmm it could be nerve pain. Have you tried Neurontin????

I had this sort of issue yesterday as well. Tell him to shove it.

Love Anne C
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I went to my rhuemy twice and then gave up on her. She never even touched me the second time I went after I waited nearly 2 hours for my appointment! She was so busy updating my file in her computer that I felt like she didn't even know I was human. Told my GP not to send me there anymore and he said that was fine and he would keep my complaints in mind if he was referring anyone else!

My GP (who is wonderful!!) sent me to a neuro to rule out anything that might have been causing my pain. He did an MRI to rule out MS and an EEG (think that's right, brain wave scan).

The MRI ruled out MS and the EEG identified my petit mal seizures. I had them all my life, but never knew they were seizures. Was always afraid to tell anyone because I thought they would think I was nuts (ok, no smart comments there!). Neuro perscribed Lamictal which controls them.

He also verfied that he believed I had FM. That diaguess (thank you Honora!!) verified to my GP that it was ok to RX pain meds.

All-in-all I have been very pleased with my treatment (praise the Lord for bringing these docs into my life and not some of the ones so many of you have had to deal with!!).

Hugzz,
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies.