pain during intercourse

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by brella, Sep 5, 2006.

1. brella

brella New Member

I hope this is appropriate...
    I was just curious if any other women have experienced pain internally during sexual intercourse?

I think that this pain is related to my fibromyalgia?...the pain is really EVERYwhere!
  2. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

I have it too on and off - it tends to coincide with flares, I just think the nerves there are very sensitive to pain and if you think of the motions of sex (sorry if this is not very polite) it is quite rough on a woman's "parts".

So just like if you are rough with any muscle/nerves effected by FM or CFS it would really hurt, I think it is the same for "down there". You just have to go very gently or refrain from sex during the worst flares.

Gentle hugs,

Bunchy xxx
  3. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

My sister who also has fibro has this same problem. She brought it up to her doctor last week, but wasn't told of anything that she can do about it. I also knew another woman I used to work with that had FM, and she told me that she had pain with intercourse.

Barb
  4. tracii

tracii New Member

I go along with what cat had to say.
  5. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

It is called Vulvar pain or Vulvodynia. Natural HRT from a compounding pharmacy helps. I also recommend Estradiol cream. "What Doctors May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia is an excellent book that explains this problem.
    Kayleen
  6. mymichelina

mymichelina New Member

up Pelvic Floor Dysfunction.......I have it and it causes lots of pain. After Intersistial Cystitis and bladder problems were ruled out...this was my diagnosis. Hope it helps!!!!
  7. painintheeverywhere

painintheeverywhere New Member

I have absolutely experienced this pain and truly have completely lost interest in being intimate that way. I am only 39 (glad I'm not married right now) and hope that this is one of the pains that I will find a solution to at some point. It really is not near the top of the list compared to other pain. This was a good question...I thought it was just me.

Thanks

Jane
  8. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i've found the same thing with pain during intercourse when i'm having a flare. i've found the best thing i when possible to plan ahead and to tke pain meds before. nothing it more of a mood killer then to say ow in the middle. having to plan ahead an take meds ends the spontenaety but it makes it a much more enjoyable experience for both my husband and i.
    rachel
  9. petsrme

petsrme Member

I find that I am in pain after sex. I don't indulge much anymore, much to the chagrin of my hubby. I guess endorphins take over during the moment, but afterward I suffer.
  10. karalyn

karalyn New Member

I can be very painful but i have alot of pain around my abdomen especally bladder area and right hand side. It comes and goes.
  11. jjdg

jjdg New Member

yep me too,i'm glad this came up i will show my husband,he thinks it's just me.,so did i :).Thats why i love this board so much when you think your alone just read and sure enough your not.jj
  12. brella

brella New Member

yay i'm so glad many people have this pain also. (well i'm not glad you are all in pain but i'm glad i'm not alone)
    i just need a solution...i feel like i can never have sex anymore because of it.
  13. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Just the way karalyn describes it is the exact places that I have the pain too, it is soooo frustrating because it USE to be so enjoyable...now I dread it. I turn my face so my dh does not see me biting my lip from screaming in pain.

So we completley understand your pain.

Love, Ann

14. ll1816

ll1816 Member

I also have pain with intercourse and lately I've noticed sciatic nerve pain during sex. Does anyone else have this problem?

Hugs to all,
    Liz
    [This Message was Edited on 09/06/2006]
  15. SleeplessNTN

SleeplessNTN New Member

I was so glad to read this question and responses. I also experience the same painful areas. I do not have to tell you what a strain it puts on a relationship. Thank you all for the comments and advice. I am new to this board, but so far have found it to be very informative.
  16. brella

brella New Member

This problem totally puts a strain on the relationship!
    It's so horrible
  17. kellyann

kellyann New Member

it was caused by endometriosis. You ought to be checked for it as it is very common for FM patients to have it.

Take care!
    Kellyann
  18. Sassymama

Sassymama New Member

Hello everyone I am very new to this board as well.. Just thought i would say I am very sorry to hear your all in pain as well. I understand it I have had fm for a long while now, and pain during you know is not very nice not only does it spoil the mood but it makes you not want to be with a man at all ever. Pian pills b4 help, but then to take pain pills for a week or so after helps too. my other 1/2 ( i am blessed he is very pationt with me) i have taken him to the dr.s with me so he knows its real. things that help some take a hot shower b4 hand helps rellax your body. take pain pill b4 the shower, have him join you start the ramance there. go slow.. I am 38 and foind that this does help some when you have a bad flare up sometimes so sit in hot water or take a hot shower helps for a bit take the pain pill b4. while the water helps for the moment the pill will help after.. hugs to all
  19. mary124

mary124 New Member

I have Intersitial Cystitis (IC) and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction (PFD) and pain hurts when hubby and I even try to have intercourse. Right now I'm going thru Therapy for both my IC and PFD.
  20. srollins

srollins New Member

endometriosis!!! it was like a sharp pain most of the time.afterwards my whole abdomenal area just ached like a toothache or like having a period.

i would have sharp shooting pain go up through my bottom even when i wasn't doing anything but maybe sitting in bed reading a book. at first i thought that pain had something to do with my colon. once i had the surgery to get rid of my pieces parts at 36, things got better. then the fm and cfs took over my life.

if i were you i would insist on a total evaluation to rule out endometriosis.

shirley