Pain everywhere

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mindymce, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Mindymce

Mindymce New Member

Over the last 2 weeks my pain has increased 10 fold. My muscles in my legs and back....the pain is almost unbearable. The Dr has me on methadone. I'm not really happy about that. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can relieve the pain?

Thank you,
    Mindy
  2. janieb

janieb New Member

Are you going through any kind of detox program? If you are this could be a good sign.

Not familiar with your history, so am afraid I can't be much help, but I did want to know that I hear you and feel for you.

Blessings,

janieb
  3. Bambi

Bambi New Member

as your pain control. Maybe your doc will up your dose or change to something else similar that might work better for you.

Self help is what I try to do first;
    Warm Epsom Salt baths, mild exercise (if you are flaring VERY mild), ice and then heat/ 15 minutes each (I think you can do it as often as it helps), linament (I use the Walgreen's house brand).

Massage (it feels better to me if someone else does it, but self maassage or a vibrator helps too), pray if you do, listen to soothing music, email or talk to a friend or relative, try meditation or self hypnosis (there are books), read, nap cry and then make yourself laugh or at least smile until it's real, have a pet?. But I'm sure you've heard all the ideas.

I DO hope you feel better soon and that something will work for you.
    I'm sure we'll all be praying for you or those that don't, thinking about you. Take it as easy as you can!