we go...AGAIN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lgp, Sep 18, 2011.

1. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Seriously, the longer I live with fibro, the less I understand it. Oh, I am more adept at recognizing the signs and symptoms of something about to hit me, but I do not fully get why my totally worst flare for the whole year always, for years now, occurs in mid to late September--which is now. I know it just has to be related to the weather or something; temperatures dipped quite a bit in the past few days, and today I am in agony.

Anybody else feel this during late September? I would be curious to know. What I do think is a bit weird, the incident I had that my rheumatologist believes kicked off my fibro occurred in late September. I think that is a really strange coincidence.

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Spring and fall are seasons when we can get wide swings in barometric pressure as warm and cold fronts pass through. Also, fall often brings allergies which can take their toll. Even down here In SW FL, Mold and pollen are making me sick. Hope you can get some relief.

Love, Mikie
  3. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

I understand completely how you feel! I was supposed to be at work at 7:30 this morning and barely made it here by 9. I have a desk job and have done nothing but sit and cry since I got here. September is the start of a long winter for me. I just pray that I can function enough not to lose my job. My house is already in jeopardy due to my medical bills and the amount of work I missed last winter.

I'm so sorry you are in agony. This is a miserable disease and hopefully...there will be a cure someday soon. I will pray for you!

PITATOO Member

My pain level is higher from spring thru early fall. Give me low temp, low humidity and I feel so much better. October and November is when I am in less pain and have more energy.

I don't think it is a coincidence.
  5. canchaser3020

canchaser3020 Member

Sorry you are feeling bad again but thanks for posting. I am new to this, but I have noticed similiar symptons.

Since I got heat stroke in 1983, I have not coped well with the 90* temps with 70*+ dew points here in Illinois. But I was happy when the cool front would come through and I could get some work done outside with out the heat & humidity. This summer I looked forward to the cool fronts only to have my ME flare up. I just thought it was me.

Now, this flare up has lasted the last 3 weeks and I had no reason for it. I thought this could not happen during my favorit weather. I love fall weather with cooler temps & lower humidity.

So now I can't function in high heat & humidity, fall weather, and being outside in the cold winter just knocks the sap out of me. I use to work outside all the time.

Now I know it isn't just me the last 3 weeks.