Pain hurricane Ida does everyone hurt when a front comes through?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Nov 9, 2009.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

Just checking to see if you get a severe headache and pain all over. We have the tropical storm close or hurricane. Whatever it is and I can hardly function.

does everyone with fibro hurt like that? What about chronic fatigue?

Paranoid now about the Vip test. Since I am definitley a fibromyalgia person right?

That is what my diagnosis says

2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I have noticed that when it rains my FM flares or maybe my memory is being selective about when I flare. I don't get headaches, thank goodness.

I was talking this over with my daughter who used to have migraines but have pretty much abated and she said her neurologist told her that it is not the rain but the change in barometric pressure.

I found this interesting. I have no idea if this is true or not but food for thought.

I also wonder if I really have CFS. I think I might just have FM but I do get PEM. I did not get FM until I broke my arm. A really bad break that required surgery.

I know this is easier said than done, but don't stress out about the test. It will come out the same whether you worry or not!!

I didn't know there is a tropical storm. Better go read the news, LOL!!

Take care of yourself.
  3. hensue

hensue New Member

I do believe it is the barometric pressure. Why does that effect us?

I also feel like someone has literally knocked the wind out of me.

I am not going to stress out about the test, do not really want a retrovirus. Then again if you could diagnose fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue with the test. If you test negative then what???

Then I got to thinking, I do not really care at this point.

I hate this saying, It Is what it Is!! I am so sick of hearing that lately. Everybody says it.

What Is it?

Just warped humor!
  4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Yeah, I kind of hate that saying too, but sometimes we use it meaning well, but it can come off as look this is so easy. It's not!!

I just looked at the news about the hurricane. No wonder you hurt.

Did you know if you go to the weather channel website they have an aches and pains index?

Love your last sentence.

5. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

My doctor has told me many times that it's the barometric pressure that makes me feel awful. I just think we are very sensitive to pressure changes. When the barometer falls, I go with it:)
    I have fibro. I was aware of the tropical storm approaching but hadn't put two and two together. It is very likely the reason I am miserable today.

Has anyone noticed that they have more pain around full moon? I find that to be the case too but I don't know why it is so.

I hope you'll get your test results quickly. We are all waiting with you.

6. hensue

hensue New Member

You are going to have a name change when this fibro is gone.... like the wind!