Pain in all parts of my body that bends/newbie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Oct 20, 2002.

1. This is only my second post here, I hope I am doing this right. But I was wondering, I have pain in any part of my body that bends from my neck, shoulders, inside of elbows, ankles , backs of knees, even my toes sometimes. Is this a normal part of fibro? I mean sometimes its just one area, then everything hurts like all get out. I wish this pain would just get up and go. I sure hate this fibro crap.
    FB
  2. This is only my second post here, I hope I am doing this right. But I was wondering, I have pain in any part of my body that bends from my neck, shoulders, inside of elbows, ankles , backs of knees, even my toes sometimes. Is this a normal part of fibro? I mean sometimes its just one area, then everything hurts like all get out. I wish this pain would just get up and go. I sure hate this fibro crap.
    FB
  3. phenom

phenom New Member

i get pain in every single joint and muscle there is! its annoying as hell and it gets v hard to put up with the crap sometimes - i'm lucky tho, i have a very supportive boyfriend and my sister is wonderful

phenom
  4. fibolady

fibolady New Member

fb, you summed it up quite nicely this morning. i can hardly walk, it will take a few hours, just to get limber enough to stand up straight. mornings for me are the worse, some better than others though, this morning ugh.

it is tiring day after day, i wish it would get up and go away too!! i really can't do anything for at least an hour in the mornings, i do take ultram and that helps me get a start.

warm regards, fibolady
  5. Kimmie

Kimmie New Member

Hi,
    I am also new here. I have been on and read things on here before but never replied.
    I too suffer from Fibro. I just want to tell you all that I, about 2 weeks, bought a heated mattress pad. It helps ALOT with the morning stiffness and aches. I am not saying it goes away completely but it really helps.
    Good Luck, and Gentle hugs, Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 10/21/2002]
  6. cpalance

cpalance New Member

I know exactly how you feel, I am also just tired of hurting. Since I am new to fibro, I don't know if I am in a very long flare people talk about or this is the way it is always. The pain is unbelievable. I hurt all over, but hurt worse in some areas, like my hips and neck and rib area. I wish I had some answers for you, but just wanted to answer your post to let you know you are not alone.

Have a painless day,

Cindy
  7. ladydi

ladydi New Member

Good Morning Fibrobutterfly,
    I love you nickname.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of fibromyalgia. Yes, hon
    everything can hurt all at once. That's a big flare.
    Sometimes you're lucky and you'll only be hurting
    in a few areas. My FM stikes my legs mostly, causing me
    to have to lie down.
    Does your Doc give you any pain med? Or did he send
    you to a Rheumatologist?

Stay here on the board as long as you can, and just keep
    reading as much as you can. You will find alot of info that
    might help you.
    Also, if you want you can fill out your bio.(only if you
    want).

One thing I find that helps me is Magnesium Oxide. You
    can buy it at the grocery store. My Doc says take 750mg
    but I get the runs from that much. Anyway, I'm glad you found a place to learn about "our"
    PAINS. Also, feel free to just "vent" when you need to.

Warm Fibro-Hugs to you,
    LadyDI
    ps Sorry I got long winded.
  8. allhart

allhart New Member

welcome,
    yes i to have all those pains,sorry you have them too i hate this dd
  9. Sometimes I feel like I am crazy or going crazy, no one could have so much pain in so many parts of their body. We look normal but feel like crap! Why don't these drs. work on finding out the cause of Fibromyalgia instead of doling out pills for something they don't even know the cause??
    Thanks again, I feel I am not alone in this ugly battle.
    FibroButterfly
  10. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

You asked what was normal in FM--bout the only thing I have figured out in this short time, for me at least--is there is no normal. Just when I think I have this figured out, in my case, something new pops up. I, too understand how puzzling this can be, when one day your knees hurt unbelievably, and the next its your right arm, and the following day, your whole darn body. Add to that some of the stranger symptoms like my sensitivity to tastes and smells, photosensivity, noise sensitivity, its no wonder the uninformed raise their eyebrows. As far as Docs doling out meds without knowing the cause--thank gawd they do--because if I couldn't get some relief for this pain, I seriously would self commit to an institution, being as delusional as possible, just to be medicated.
    Nice to know ya :)
    Karen