Pain in back,hips and legs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I have been having a tough time sleeping. Got up around 11 pm and couldn't go back to sleep. So I sat up in the recliner and watched tv til I dosed off. I woke up later with the worse pain in my back. Now I am barely able to walk and hurt very badly. I know that it didn't help with me sleeping in the old recliner. I am taking motrin and neurotin like candy. I even had some perscription pain pills I took last night. I don't know what to do. Heat helps some, icy hot helps more. Just terrible, I hate this.
  2. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

I know my physical therapist told me NOT to sit in a recliner. She said they are terrible for our back. So, that could have caused your back to go into spasms.

I'm not sure you should take motrin, neurontin, and RX pain pills together. Can you get an appointment to see your primary care doctor in the next few days? That would be your best bet as far as getting effective treatment with the right medicines.

You might get relief by using a heating pad on your back. Some people use an ice pack, but I prefer heat. If you don't have a heating pad, maybe you can borrow one from a family member or friend.

Good luck and I hope you're feeling better soon.

I forgot to add, do not use a heating pad with the Icy Hot. That could cause burns.[This Message was Edited on 03/02/2010]
  3. bab72410

bab72410 New Member

I live on my heating pad. I have an extra large one. That helps allot. I would definately talk to your doctor about it. Maybe you can replace taking 5 things with taking just one. Its hard to find the perfect fix. But hang in there it will get better. I wish you luck.