PAIN IN BOTH GROINS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cbella, Sep 26, 2006.

1. cbella

cbella New Member

Some days I get this weird pain in both groins to the point that it makes me limp. Does anyone else get this? I wonder if it's swollen lymphnodes, but it's hard for me to feel them, if it is. Somedays my nodes under my arms are very tender and that's why I wondered if that's what it is in the groins. (It's good to be back on line after more than a month!) I had to go stay with my dad in another state because he was just dx with liver cancer. Took five weeks of leave from work. Please keep him in your prayers. cbella
  2. MsOnlyMe123

MsOnlyMe123 New Member

So sorry about your Dad. My prayers will be with him for you.

Groin pain .....mine is excrutiating on the left for about 2 1/2 yrs. now. Went to see my Orthopedic Surgeon for something else but while I was there, he took x-rays of the whole area. I have rhumatoid arthritis in my hip....it feels like the groin but not. I feel your pain.

Eileen
  3. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

There are lymph nodes in the groin. Mine sometimes bother me, along with those in my arm pits. My groin nodes bother me less than my armpit nodes and have never caused me to limp. It might be a good idea to check this out with a doctor.
  4. cbella

cbella New Member

Thank you for your replies..........cb
  5. marsupialmama

marsupialmama New Member

I get that on one side and have had it for years, I thought it might be an ovarian cyst or something gynae b/c I had an ovarian cyst before, but the scans came back clear.

My old family doc did a whole bunch of tests to see if it was bladder or digestive related and the tests showed nothing. Then she shrugged and said it is probably "musculo-skelEEtal" (I found her pronunciation odd!) and that was that.

I'm still working on that list of symtoms, I have some that aren't on the list...

cbella, sorry to hear about your dad, I wish him well.
  6. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Hi:

I had terrible groin pain for many years. I had really bad muscle spasms. My right leg would end up touching my chest and my right foot would be on the left side of my left leg. I had to have some nerves FROZEN. I cannot remember their names right now...but the idea was that when frozen, they shrink, and hopefully when the thaw out and grow back to their normal size, they will not be impinged.

Sorry to hear about your dad. My dad died of liver cancer 16 years ago. He was dx on January 2, 1990 and died on February 1, 1990. It was very quick...and he was able to die at home (the day after he was discharged). I still miss him.

Ingrid
  7. cbella

cbella New Member

Thanks again for your comments and prayers for my dad. He's doing remarkably well for the size of his tumor. His appetite is back and really good and he loves to cook, so has been doing a lot of that, too. :) cbella
  8. Chootik

Chootik New Member

I just started getting this too! I mean it just started happening in the last 2 weeks.

Actually I got it really bad last night, and thought it was Lymphoma or something! I couldn't sleep half the night,cuz I was so worried! I guess since everyone is mentioning it could be the Nerve by the groin?

I'm not sure. I think I'm going to call my doc and have him check this out. Anything with Lymph scares me. I'm doing Lympathic drainage and am taking a supplement called "Sheng" from System Solutions.. I think. I just got it from my Accupucturist. She said she has a patient who has Lymphoma and is taking this with a Anti-Biotic and his last test was negative so this stuff is really good at draining the Lymph!

Keep us posted on what you find. Are you going to go to the Doc?

Chootik
  9. suz45

suz45 New Member

Cbella:

The pain you describe sounds like it could be referred pain from your hip region do you have dx. of MPS, if so there could be trigger points in your hip region that may be referring to your groin...

Because you mention limping I am wondering if there is muscle involvement with knots Trp's.

I would check in with the doctor, especially if you are on leave from work.

Let us know how you make out.

Suz45
  10. cbella

cbella New Member

I wasn't going to mention it to him, but now, maybe i will. I want to see him to get something for the night time. I'm so tired of not getting a full night's sleep because of the leg pain. He's tried different things, but so far, nothing has helped. Will let you know if he has an answer. cbella
  11. georgie0826

georgie0826 New Member

I have been experiencing the same thing. especially first thing in the morning. I even went out and bought bigger panties, thinking maybe they were too tight. I may have to have this checked out.
  12. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

VERY swollen lymph glands in her groins last year. She was in pain for several months (also had problems walking) but never mentioned it. Then during a pelvic exam, the doctor discovered her swollen, "lumpy" glands and was shocked. She ordered her to see an oncologist immediately.

Well, we arranged it the next day (at great expense--no insurance, of course). Then...get this...THAT doctor could find NOTHING! The swelling had gone down! The only sense I can make of it is that the examination by the first doctor put enough pressure on the "lumps" that they drained (?)!

These mysterious ailments have always plagued my daughter. Weird stuff comes and goes.

Hopefully yours is also "weird stuff" and may it also mysteriously subside.