Pain in butt literally!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kellygirl, Feb 4, 2011.

1. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I know this has been posted before, but does anyone have anything new they can add to how they treat the pain in the butt? I have been x-rayed and it is something to do with L2 and radiating from the butt down the back thigh, it sometimes goes to the other side, too.

It hits randomly and from sitting, laying, or standing the "wrong" way.

2. 3gs

3gs New Member

are you having myofacisal pain? muscle spasms?

I get the same thing. search myofacisal(not sure if I spelled that right). put some moist heat on site and rub a tennis ball around area. search on here can tell you more.
  3. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I do have the myofascial pain, too, who knows what it is, my doctor always says, "It's all related"...: ( I am going to put heat on tonight as I watch tv.
  4. Chelz

Chelz New Member

I get this too. I am always putting a hot water bottle on my but/hip/thigh area as I watch TV too. I wonder how many of us are on the couch with a heating pad, hot watter bottle or something to that degree. I feel like I am always nursing something on my body.

After I get off these boards, I will get the hot water going, what fun :( Hugs, Chelz.
  5. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I asked my pain doctor about my dx when I was applying for SSDI I wanted to know why did I have aches and pains that were not all fibro. He said that I have myofacial pain syndrome, fibro, ddd, spinal stenois, Buldging discs L4-L5, L5 - S1, end stage oesteo-arthritis in both knee's {I need new knee's but can't afford them so I have to wait till I can pay for them} While I am on SSDI and medicare , my hubby works as well our income puts us over the " need help with medical bills" { I have learned that we are poor just not poor enough to get help with medical bills, dental , vision.}

I am in pain every day all day and I too have siatica nerve pain and damage that cause's the pain to radiate from my butt cheeks to my toes. I also have hip pain bone pain, muscle pain, I some time out of the blue get a sharp sticking feeling like you have stabbed yourself with a pin it is sudden ,sharp and burns as it zips down my hip to my toes, I don't know what it is or why I get it. Some times it is really quick and other times it hurts much longer.
    Living with both fibro and myofacial pain really bites. I don't mean to complain about my pain as I am not the only one who has it. I am just tired of living in pain, hurting all the time and not being able to do the things I want to such as playing wiht my grandbabies and getting in to my daughters 4x4 with out crying out in pain that it hurts, I almost didn't make it into the truck yesterday. And to top things off my daughter hit a car in the parkin glot of the DMV
    and hit on her passener side {where I was sitting} It scratched her truck badly but did n't do much to the other car. NO tickets and every one is ok. I don't tell her when I hurt like this, she has a hard time understanding teh fibro let alone the rest of my issues.
    Thanks for listening and sorry that I can't spell.
  6. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I've been having a lot of tailbone pain the past year or so. I had to get a butt pillow w a cutout for long trips in the car.

I guess it's probably partly the way I sit or lie when I'm "couched" from not feeling well. I just know it's a PAIN!!! :)

I also get hip pain from bursitis, and sciatica... both will cause pain to radiate down my leg to the bottom of my foot. I was practically crippled during my pregnancies from sciatica, it's awful when it flares up.

[This Message was Edited on 02/09/2011]
  7. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Sciatica can definitely cause pain from the butt down the back (or front) or the thigh all the way down the leg sometime. If your disk is causing a nerve to be pinched, if disks are buldging, if you have any stenosis it can cause all sorts of problems unrelated to Fibro.

I'd follow up on that, then you'll know if you can find the cause of your problem (hopefully)

My Mom has that pain and it takes her breath away.

AND YES I sit on my heating pad quite often. My thigh muscles hurt terribly!!
  8. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

All that you mentioned have been mentioned for me. It's awful when the pain hits out of nowhere, anywhere. It is so frustrating not to be able to do like everyone else and ppl saying it's "diet-related", stop eating grains, blah, blah, blah. (a chiropractor told me that)

And, I can't blame my daughter for not realizing how bad the pain actually is. I watch her son and she wants me to take him places.

Then I read to take more of certain supplements. I do take an over-50 chair yoga class and sometimes the stretches flare up the sciatica. I try to be careful but I don't know until the next day what damage I may have done.

So frustrating. Before my neck pain was the major issue, now it's the hip.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/13/2011]