Pain in center of palm? Very painful feet, best medicine for it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by mrlondon, Dec 4, 2012.

1. mrlondon

mrlondon Member

Hi - Does anyone else have a tender point in the middle of their palms? I've always had this, but lately it's much more of a problem. Could this be a trigger point? Has anyone found at type of therapy to help it?

Also, I have flat feet, and have always had very sensitive feet, and often have burning pain, if I have too much pressure on one area of the foot. The problem has gotten much worse over the last few years, due to several injuries. I had to get soft orthotics, but my feet are still very sensitive, so if the orthotics put any too much pressure on one area of the foot, and I have to get them adjusted. I'm told I have very tight tendons, but therapy hasn't helped at all. I'm curious if anyone has found any specific fibromyalgia medicine that works best for foot pain. Thanks. - Mark
  2. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Ultra Tiger Balm for hand and foot pain....it's pretty powerful stuff for pain. I woke up this morning with "new" pain in left hand and rubbed in the balm and it's painfree now...
  3. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

I went to my orthopedic surgeon because I couldn't close my hand all the way and my palm was throbbing so bad. Turns out the tendon in my middle finger (of ALL fingers, it HAD to be that one! lol!) and said it was a trigger finger, where the tendon shortens up. I can have it fixed with a simple surgery in his office. I don't know how "simple" it would be, because I'm a bleeder with low platelets, but if it gets worse I MIGHT consider it.

My once ballerina point feet are now flatter than a piece of paper and my ankles hurt like the Dickens. I can't do Tiger Balm because I can't handle the heat of it. BUT, there is an OTC called Super Blue Stuff. Comes in a roll on or cream, and if you can't find it in the local drugstore, you can get it online. It has a pleasant scent and it REALLY works well. I hate smelling like an old lady, even though I AM an old lady - well, well seasoned, anyway! I can still hold a Great Horned Owl on glove, so I'm not so old and my son's friends think I am "awesome", so I guess that's good enough for me!
  4. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

My doctor gave meLidoderm patches for my feet what a blessing. I only use them when they are really bad.
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

You might have a magnesium deficiency - magnesium deficiency is linked to tendon problems. You can supplement orally, and you can also use magnesium oil, just rub it on. It can be drying to the skin because of the solution it uses, but if you leave it on for 20 or 30 minutes and then wash it off, the magnesium gets absorbed and you're just washing off the solution it's in.

One of my sisters had lots of tendon problems, she thinks due to one of the fluoroquinolones, and she was thrilled when she tried the magnesium oil - it helped her a lot.

Mary