Pain in Chest Muscles HELP!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Sep 19, 2010.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I have been getting more and more pain in the chest muscles, most in the pectoral (below the collar bones) although the collar bones hurt too and then radiates to my shoulders. Sometimes one side is mostly affected but both sides hurt.

This then causes me to have the feeling of some shortness of breath sometimes because of the inflammatory feeling. Anyone else?

I do have costochondritis and that affects my ribs and sternum. Is this part of the fibromyalgia syndrome? My doctors don't have a clue!!!!

Thanks in advance for any posting.

LEFTYGG Member

ive had this twice and gone to ER. i thought i was having a heart attack. plus the tender points are in that aresa. are there knots? if so massage gently. its painful but the knots will get smaller and less pain.

ive done this on many body parts. i have knots everywhere. i have book for trigger point massage it helps a lot. love gail
  3. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Yes, I feel knots in other parts, like my thighs and hips and I do rub these areas. I also have pain down along the shoulder blades and I have an integrative doctor release these points occasionally. It doesn't hurt when he does it, but I feel sick for a few days afterwards due to the toxin release.

I have the costo a lot - like it never truly goes away. You are lucky if you only had it two time.

I get rib pain, diaphram bone pain and down the sternum. If this is part of FM - this is the worse part with me.
  4. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

costo is no walk in the park for sure!! and it dosent take much to make it flare. in fact im In a big flare right now too.

try not to push or pull on things, and don't do alot of things with your hands over your head. all of these just Makes it worse!

i have been hurting in my sternum, chest, under left arm,shoulderblade, in my Ribs.but the worst is probably the sternum, i cant even touch it or ill jump thru my skin!

although the shoulderblade pain is new, i'll be having an echo wednesday just to make sure it's nothing with my heart.

the costo, and my feet are where i hurt the most, it's pretty common, but if your having any kinda new pain in the chest area, be sure and tell your doc so they can check it out, you never know when the fibro stops and something new starts.

a heating pad will Help some too.
    {{ Gentle Hugs}}