pain in fingers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrenee, Oct 30, 2002.

1. mrenee

mrenee New Member

Does anyone ever get really bad pains in their left ring and middle fingers?It hurts and it's kinda scary.
  2. mrenee

mrenee New Member

Does anyone ever get really bad pains in their left ring and middle fingers?It hurts and it's kinda scary.
  3. Sorka

Sorka New Member

they are just sitting doing nothing minding their own business and suddenly a pain shoots through them enough to cause tears in my eyes.
    It lasts a little while and then is gone. I have never had an explanation for this. But I do now have rumetoid arthritis in my hands.
    sorka
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Yes, I get pain and stiffness in my fingers. It's something that has come on gradually over a period of several years, although I didn't get the fibro diagnosis until this past summer and didn't know why the fingers hurt off and on. My right index and middle fingers give me the most trouble. That's bad since I'm right handed, but I do the best I can on those days. I also have some days when my toes hurt. This disease keeps you wondering what each day will bring, and yes it can be scary. I understand how you feel.

Ellen
  5. Sorka

Sorka New Member

these dd's keep moving through the body to make life interesting.
    You see they know we don't get out much so they want to give us something new to think about each day.
    If we can't go out but we had the same pain all the time it would get boring.
    This way we have to find a solution to a new problem.
    We also have to keep a sense of humour.
    sorka
  6. Dara

Dara New Member

I am so glad you posted this question. I have the "normal" pain in my fingers that is definitely part of the FM. But, I have one finger that gets the most excrutiating pain in it. Thank goodness it only lasts for about 30 or 40 seconds, it is so bad that I actually just "freeze", waiting for it to stop. This is definitely not what you would call the pain and stiffness in our hands, this is totally different. Mine is in my left hand and the finger next to my thumb. I mentioned it to my doctor once and he looked at me like I was stupid so I don't say anything about it anymore. It also seems to come and go. It will happen maybe 5 or 6 times in one day, then not happen again for a week or so. It feels almost like someone is driving a nail or something the length of the finger. Does this sound the same to you? Just curious.

Dara
  7. Roxi

Roxi New Member

The pain could be tendon entrapment. Happened to me when my finger joints were more movable. I have arthritis now and get stabbing pain at the base of my thumbs. Finger pain can also commonly be referred pain from the neck or shoulders. And we all know how much trouble we have in both of those areas!