Pain in fingertips!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 3gs, Oct 21, 2011.

1. 3gs

3gs New Member

Lately the tips of my fingers have become very painful. Even to gentley touch them feels like an ice pick is stabbing them.

Some days have thought there was a cut but nothing there!

geez just when you think theres nothing new-bam! anyone else?
  2. debilyn

debilyn New Member

Yes, I have pain in the tips of my fingers. It hurts to type, so I try and press the keys with the pads of my fingers and not the tips. This is a relatively new symptom for me. It just started about a month ago. It is really annoying and painful..

3. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you're having this kind of pain. My doctor said it's called peripheral neuropathy. It has to do with the nerves and pain signals to the brain. It is sometimes part of FM and also diabetes. I have both now so I have it in my feet as well. Look it up online and see if it sounds like what you're experiencing.

I just looked it up on and they explain it well. Be sure to read all the other pages, symptoms, etc. GB66
    [This Message was Edited on 10/22/2011]
  4. 3gs

3gs New Member

thanks for your replies. I figured it was neuropathy as Im getting more and more nerve type pain.

I have noticed its worse after typing on computer too!

Btd-also have the same symptoms its no fun. Hope you all are having a better day.
  5. kch64

kch64 New Member

When I first starting having symptoms, i used to get pain in my tips of fingers and toes, like someone was hitting them with little hammers. Very painful. Thank goodnes, it's gone now, but I still get the occassional aches.

is it worse when they get cold? Reynaud's disease maybe?