Pain in groin...and down the leg...So bad

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SherylD, Mar 26, 2006.

1. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I don't know if anyone remembers me talking about this before???

Well it's back again!! It is so bad..I can be walking and it just is this sharp pain right in the crook of my leg...and then it shoots down my leg...Then it stays for a few days and I can hardly walk...

Sometimes it hurts so bad I feel like I am going to fall down..

Before when I posted people had talked about it maybe being my bladder...or a cist on my ovary..but I have a urrine test back then and it was fine...And they had no clue what the heck it was..

I just don't know what to do..It seems to be lasting a little longer this time...It is really scaring me...

SherylD
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

As I keep geting this charley horse type of pain left midriff down to groin then down the leg.

She believes it is a ddep muscle that causes this. I agree the pain is horrid. I had it in both legs first, now it is the one side and tend s to linger more now at the waist and downwards.

I think it may be the same pain. She recommended myofacial release.

Hope this helps somewhat, but I know that pain well.

Love Anne C
  3. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Thanks...

The last time I had it it was down both legs...Terrible!

All I know is it takes my breath away..

Not sure who to go to for it though?? maybe I could ask my chrio is he has an idea what it could be..

I know I have terrible myofascial pain...Don't it stink??

SherylD
  4. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

I've been experiencing the same kind'a pain on and off over the past 6-8 months. Like cromwell, it was both legs at first. Now it tends to linger in more to one side and shots pains down to my knee. Occassionally, i have pain in the other leg too... but, not nearly as bad as this one leg!

I feel like about 80 yrs old! Sure has made it harder it getting up and down this 3 story home!... been talk about moving to a "ranch style" just becuase of it!

TM~

ps... Sheryl, did you get my last message in your other post?
  5. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Yes...I got your post...I have just been so busy that I didn't have time to respond...I'm sorry..

And I read the one you posted about being in the zone...I hope that is the one you are talking about..LOL

I will go read it again and post about that there...

Now today my leg pain seems to be gone...but that is right now...It could just kick in this afternoon...It comes from no where...I just don't get it...All I know is it is bad when I have it!!

You take care!
  6. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

Just wanted to make sure you saw my message, as the thread seemed to be moving back ... as in going, going, gone now... bye, bye... lol ; )

It's been a crazy day for me too... w/ the dr's apt. and running all over town getting things done ... think i'm starting to flare now... grrr

My leg pain comes and goes too. Very weird. As if someone turned me off like a light switch or something... as if it were that easy. But then again... a lot of my pain is that way... One day its this... next day its this. Some times its hr to hr!!

Take care of you!
    TM~
  7. lease79

lease79 New Member

Mines on the right side, comes & goes all the time :(
    It starts inside my hip, shoots down my leg & can end up over my bladder & hurting BAD when I bear down :(
  8. tandy

tandy New Member

I had/and still have on occasion this pain too.

One time they found it due to a bad disk in my lower spine.(MRI)
    another time they said it was due to ovarian cysts.
    Both times felt very much the same.
    Its so hard to figure it out because they are so simular
    in the way they produce symptoms alike.
    Keep us posted,..and best of Luck~
    feel better :)
    Hugs
    Tandy
  9. msmac

msmac New Member

The only way some of these trigger points in the areas you describe can be released iw through pelvic (internal) and only by therapist who is allowed to by law. All aren't. Maybe a DO. That is who did mine, a DO at a Pain Clinic. After the release it was better for about 4 years, now bothering a little. I don't know if all people will release and then get instant relief as I did, or need to go more than once.

PS yes, men get similar pains, and their release is done similarly.

This is about the only trigger points we have that we can not release ourselves. I have never heard of any other way to release this bolt of lightning. Good luck! let us know how you do.

10. deb06

deb06 New Member

When I* have this pain that runs down my leg it is always from knots and tight muscles in my low back/buttocks/hip. If I rub out these knots I can get my pain to go away. Deb
  11. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

sciatic nerve pain? You may want to do a search on this and read more about it. Just a guess......not sure but hope it get's better. I know that the sciatic nerve pain will put you on your back....it did a friend of mine for about 3 months. Good Luck,

BlueSky555
  12. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Thanks everybody...

I went shopping all day yesterday and last night the pain was there...

Now when I got up this morning it is better...but now I have worked(I do hair) for a few hours and I feels like it wants to come back...

It sometimes does feel like it could be an ovary...or my bladder...It is right in the front in the fold of my leg..

But my back and my butt kinda ache too...

I know I need to go to the gyno...but then maybe my chiro...Not sure..

Jammer...How are you doing??? What day do you go to the dr?? Maybe you went and I missed that...

And I will have to check out the...Pudendal Neuralgia

Thanks everyone!!

Back to work....
  13. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I was reading up on the Pudendal Neuralgia that you had mentioned...

My brain does not work...but from what I was reading it sounds like that would still be there even if you sit down...My pain is better when I sit down..It is just really bad when I stand and try to walk..

Some of the other things sounds like it could be...

Thanks for your reply..
  14. Kayzee

Kayzee New Member

There is also a disease called avascular necrosis when the bone does not receive blood supply, Sometimes this is due to use of steroids. Just a thought, because I have this and groin pain is very common. Feel well soon.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/28/2006]
  15. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Coming and going...

My SIL thinks it is my lower back....I do have some discomfort there...but didn't really think they were realated...

Now I am having the bladder problem again...When I have to go..I better get to the bathroom or I might now make it..

Do you think it is all realated???
  16. SherylD

SherylD Guest

17. babygirl44

babygirl44 New Member

ON MY RIGHT LEG IT IS THIS PAIN IF I MOVE MY LEG THE WRONG WAY.
    ARE I STAND UP WRONG IT HURTS LIKE $^%^$$^ AND I THOUGHT IT WAS A BONE THAT WAS BROKE ARE SOMTHING.

THAT THEY COULDN'T FIND NEVER HEARD OF ANY ONE ELSE WITH THIS, NOT GLADE YOU ALL HAVE IT BUT GLADE TO KNOW IT IS PART OF FM AND NOT SOMETHING NEW!
  18. foxyred

foxyred New Member

Hi,
    I had similar symtoms that you mentioned and it ended up being my sciatic nerve being pinched that caused all the pain. I have a piece of bone broken off my spine and once in a while it gets near the nerve and the pain is awful. I've slept many weeks in a recliner because of it. Now it has been over two years since I last slept in a bed. I sleep sitting up on our sofa, when I try to lay down the pain is much worse. But, that is because of the fibro. Hope this helps.
    Foxy