Pain in hips and pelvis with FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chickypoohtoo, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Chickypoohtoo

Chickypoohtoo New Member

I was recently diagnosed as having FM but I have had problems for years. One of my most painful problems is pain in my pelvis and hips. It feels so deep in side and there is no way I can get my mind off of it when it starts. i do not know much about FM (i am just learning about it) but it feels like my hips are breaking. Does anyone else have this? I feel so alone and sad with all this pain. I feel that my life is over because i cannot control this pain. Advil helped me a little but now it hurts my stomach.
    Thanks in advance for anything you can share with me.
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

chickypootoo:

Welcome to the world of FM. You are not the only one with it, so no need to feel alone.

Did you ask doc for stronger meds for pain? You might be able to get a safe Rx to ease up on the pain.

Yes, I have terrible hip pain where it feels like I just can not walk an extra step. I definitely sit and make no excuses for it. I also take Percocet for pain and Ultram if I need to give the pain an extra kick in the 'you know where'.

I am glad you are here.

nyrofan
  3. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

This has been my worst pain in the last year. Unable to get comfortable in any position or any seat for long. Extreme pain in my hips and pelvis, and have often said it "feels like my pelvic bones are coming apart". I was actually diagnosed with sacral fractures back in the Fall, but now my doctor questions whether it was even fractures or "just" the fibro. FM can hurt just as bad as broken bones, unfortunately. :(

I just started Ultram ER yesterday, and it actually seems to be helping! Before, I was popping Lortab every few hours. Definitely don't be afraid to ask for pain meds. With this DD, you need them

(I edited this because at first I typed FM CAN'T hurt as bad as broken bones, but I meant YES it CAN!!)[This Message was Edited on 06/07/2006]
  4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Hip pain is one of my symptoms. It has been a problem for years. When I lay down it feels like the circulation is being cut off in my hips. Almost like my undies are too tight around my legs even when I don't have any on!

I have to constantly shift in my chair to keep it at an endurable level. I take Vicodan for pain and it does seem to help. Doesn't take it clear away, but helps some.

Was recently diagnosed with osteoparosis (yeah, can't they give us a DX we can spell!!) and have two bulging disks in my lower back. That may be contributing.

Have you had an MRI of your lower back/pelvis? I don't think an x-ray would show a bulging disk. The bone density test would show whether this an osteoparosis problem.

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  5. Chickypoohtoo

Chickypoohtoo New Member

Nyrofan, JewelRa, Greenbean7,
    Thank you for answering me. I don't feel so alone now. Hopefully, i will begin to understand all this pain and what I can do about it. The pain specailist that i saw would not give me any narcotics because I am on cymbalta and I have ADD. I will go back to my regular physician and see if he can give me something.
    Bless you, Chickypooh
  6. tell your doctor, as I have had terrible pain in my hip area, I was worrried it was arthritis and rheum. dr. told me that if it was arthritis it would hurt in the pelvis area, so it may not just be fibro.
  7. classee1

classee1 New Member

My hips are getting worse and worse. I took Cymbalta for a while but it made me so hot. Am taking Zoloft which is wonderful and Zonegran and Celebrex. Although nothing seems to be helping much these days. I am so much pain I can hardly walk. Every muscle is is on fire.

Chiropractor said that lower back alignment can help hip pain and it does sometimes.
  8. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

first of all, welcome here to the board!

you'll find lots of company, support, and good medical info here.

for a few weeks now (seemed to happen overnight) i've had the pelvic and leg areas screaming with intense aches and pains.

it's happened to me before but i can't recall it continuing like this and with such stength. i've also been in a flare the past few days w/all sorts of awful aching and random flashes of pain.

need to call pcp cuz i can no longer take tramadol and otc's do not touch the pain.

so, yes, do call your dr and explain. request something for the pain. i hope you have a much better day.

p.s. you didn't fill out your bio -- where are you from?
  9. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I have pain in the "saddle bag" area and sometimes my thighs. It started in my right hip. Of course that is the side I lay on at night and would roll that way in my sleep even when I started on the other side and the pain would wake me up. Now it is in both hips (lose/lose proposition) but not all the time.

Sonya
  10. Chickypoohtoo

Chickypoohtoo New Member

Thank you for all the responses. This helps to know I am not alone. I just filled out my Bio, so you can see it now.
    When my pain is bad I cannot sit in a chair for long, so it may take a little time for me to respond to the messages that I receive. I am so glad that you all are here.
  11. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

Wow, what a great question. I've been struggling with what I call hip pain for about a year now. I just figured it was arthritis and eventually I'd need a hip replacement. I, too, can't sit very long, or when I get up, I'm so sore and stiff.

I walk my dog daily and at first, it feels like my hips are "grinding". Then, after a while, they stop feeling so bad.

There seem to be so many symptoms of this DD that I just can't keep up with them. I just hate assuming every ache and pain is caused by it. Surely, some of these symptoms are from something else. Something that is cureable. Or am I just in denial?
    [This Message was Edited on 06/08/2006]