Pain in left side of neck

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fungran, May 31, 2003.

1. fungran

fungran New Member

has antone had their left side of there neck swell? Mine has been like this now for about 4 months and the doctor says it is because I am lifting to much and that is the problem.

Well he is wrong cause I don't do any lifting, It is red and very painful. I get real bad headaches from it and when I turn my head to the right it really hurts. My vision is getting really bad.

Any idea's what is happening?

(((Huggs)))
    fungran
  2. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

I am wondering if you have a partially blocked artery? I am not trying to scare you and they can be treated but you have to get medical attention.
    I believe they detect them with an ultrasound of some sort.
    Please see someone else and if you can't express to your Dr. that you want it checked out.
    God Bless
  3. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

I agree with the other poster. You should definitely
    see another dr. I used to get neck swelling and I
    believe my physical therapist thought it was due
    to TMJ, but I am not sure I remember correctly.
    It was both sides though.
    Please do get another opinion by a good dr.

Lynn
  4. Stillkicking

Stillkicking New Member

Your doctor thinks it's just a knot or another fibro symptom. Have you tried to massage this area? Have you tried putting ice on it (15 to 20 minutes)? My father, who had a stroke, had a red painful knot on his arm for months until we used a little massage and ice (a bag of frozen peas is best).
    Sometimes the muscles of stroke victims forget how to relax. FM/CFS is similar in some ways as we have constant comtracted muscles. Contracted muscles are easy to injure further and hard to get to heal. They need a little help.
    Huggs and take care.
  5. fungran

fungran New Member

Thank you princessraye for responding so quickly. Yes I to feel it is a blocked artery. My mother had one back about 8 years ago just before she died. And we just found out my sister might have a blockage. I am going Monday and have it checked. Please say a prayer for me I am only 49 years old and have been very sick with fibro and cfs for years and now to have something else wrong. I just don't know if I can stand much more. But I am I feel a stronge person so I am going to think positive. I will let you know.

Huggs
    fungran
  6. fungran

fungran New Member

yes I have done that but the dr said not to sleep on that side and that was it. Nothing else I am going Monday.

Thank you for responding and for your help

Huggs
    fungran
  7. fungran

fungran New Member

Thank you Lynn for answering my post and yes I am going Monday will let you know how it turns out

Huggs
    fungran
  8. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

I prayed for you after I wrote the first post .
    Glad you are going to the doc ! Let us know.
  9. Mumu

Mumu New Member

It sounds similar to what I had for the last year. It seemed to be a muscle spasm. Acupressure finally helped some, and then a manipulation by a DO (osteopath) finished it off. I had had other adjustments by chiropractors, without success, but it was like the acupressure helped the muscle to relax enough that the DO was able to get it to adjust properly.