Pain in left wrist 2+ yrs after surgery Bump

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Feb 4, 2007.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I am not having a good weeks as my left wrist as it is giving me alot of greif. It started to bother me when the weather turned cold. Now I get this stabbing pain that is there when ever I use my wrist , like typing, or driving. The feeling is like something is sharp and stabbing in to my skin and muscles. The wrist is really tender to the touch and is just plain painfull most of the time.

I guess that I am going to have to see my orthopdeic as he was the one who fixed this problem .I was really gracefull and tripped over the side walk and fell shattering my left wirst and breaking my radius as well.

After I had it set at the ER it swelled up and the dip of a ER doctor ripped of the temporay splint and pulled it out of alignminet. So when I finaly got to see the orthopecic it was a mess.

That was over 2 years ago. I had to have major surgery to put me back together again. I have a titaumim plate and screws holding my radius and wrist bones together. shattering this wrist was so traumatic for me.

I KNow that when I tripped and shattered the wrist that it was a very badd break and that I would have life long pain from it. So I am guesssing that it is the ""LIFE LONG PAIN that is getting to me".

It satred to burn and I would get a stabbing pian in my wrist when I would use it even when I was just picking up things. Then it got wrose when I was tuyping a e-mail. It felt like someone was stabbing me from the inside and pushing a bone shard threw my wrist from the inside out.]

I am a bit scared to see this doctor as I don't have a clue as to why this is hurting like it is.... I wonder if the screws came looe? of some thing shifted? as it really causes me more pain when I use it and rest it while I am typing . Putting pressure on teh under neith side of my wrist causes me to have a very sharp , stabbing , poking apin that feels like it is being shoved into my skin.

I knew after that after surgery I would be left with a wwrist that would always cause me a great deal of pain. And I am sick of it. I know that I need to get it checekd out , I have not been able to get in to the doctor for a few months.

Of all the dumb things to do was tripping over the side walk and it was poor timming as my youngest daughter was getting married in 5 days so after it was put in a tempary splint I went to the ewedding and reception in with my arm in a Navy Blue sling. { matched the brides colors}

I wish that I could type more but it is hurting so much so I will have to write about this later. /sorry about this being so long and my whinning.

HUGS<
    Rosemarie
    [This Message was Edited on 02/05/2007]
  2. TinaJones

TinaJones New Member

Just wanted to let you know I read your post, and hope you go in to get it checked. I have some screws and other stuff in my right foot - from me being very "clumsy" :) LONG story :) Anyway, the screws did shift for me and I started to have TONS more pain (this happened like 14 years ago - and I still suffer from it). I just dealt with mine and it ended up, basically shifting back.

But I'd definitely get yours looked at. And, YES, cold weather makes it sooo much worse.

I'm sorry you are dealing with this! I really, really hope it starts feeling better. And don't apologize for "whinning" - which you weren't! This is the best place to vent because we all understand. Take good care, Rosemarie! ---Tina