Pain in lower ribs in my back/raynaud's syndrome

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I am going to my family dr. Wed. to talk with her about this.I don't care to much for my reheumy. right now.

I have had blood in my urine in the past.I have often wondered if this could be my kidneys hurting.

Last urine check was blood free.

Have any of you mistaken fm pain for a another medical problem like kidney disease?

Not to mention have any of you seeked ut help from a vascular dr. due to raynaud's syndrome that not only freezes in your fingers and toes but also your nose,ears and chin.

I know these are loaded questions.Any help would be appreciated.

Sheila
  2. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

so I can't help you as far as the infections I think it is a part of fibro I have always had yeast, bladder, and kidney infections just get script and wait till they return again. sorry not much help but hoping someone will answer and I will learn also.
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I think one of the things that spells out Raynaurds is that your hands will go white with pronounced red crease marks when you are outdoors or in a coolish room. My hands also sometimes look as if I have had them soaking in water, they get wrinkled looking. A hot hand waqsh or shower will often clear this up. The tendons in my hands are oten wollun and hurt and are clickey.

As well as this the rib pain and even into the breasts like a burning sensation I think could be part of the fm or Raynaurds.

It is hard to say. I often have protein and blood in the urine but nothing much shows. I forget your age, but many people have harmless kidney cysts and they will leak a little blood into the urine from time to time.

I would ask to see a urologist who also does nephrology(kidneys) and get it checked out just to ease your mind. He can do a 24 hr urine catch and a kidney scan and also a painless cystoscopy usually in office, that for a woman is no worse than having a smear test really.

Hope this helps.

Love Anne
  4. mindbender

mindbender New Member

I didn't know there was a name for it. Raynaud's I mean. I've had this all my life. I've lead a sheltered medical life, never going to the Doctor for anything. I was always told, "tuffen up", look where that has gotten me.

I told my Dr many times about my ribs and back pain before I was taken seriously. I had to actually look up my anatomy just to explain it better to her. She prescribed Nexium, because she was guessing, and it actually worked. In the beginning I had to take 2 a day then later down to one, and after a few months I take them as needed.

I think in the begining I had so many things wrong w/ me that she fealt overwhelmed. Fortunately my appointments were every week back then.

I'm not saying Nexium is your answer, but it sure was mine.