Pain in lower stomach

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DVoit, Dec 5, 2010.

1. DVoit

DVoit New Member

Hi. I have not been on the board in a long time. I do have a question. Do any of you get pain in places like your lower stomach? I am have a pain that seems to be my bladder or intestines. I am going to my gyn but I have so much pain every where else that I just wonder if this is possible. I have IBS bad. I have diarhea all the time. Do any of you have this also. I am just worrying about colon or ovarian cancer. Always something. Thanks for your answers.

2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Hi Donna - With colon cancer there tends to be changes in bowel habits (either diarrhea or constipation), long thin poop caused by the tumour blocking the colon, and you often get anemia. With ovarian cancer you can get bloating, discharge, back and leg pain, and frequent urination as if you had a bladder infection.
  3. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I have similar pains. I also have IBS with alternating constipation and diarhea. I've been to my gyn and she said it's from the fibromyalgia. It's called neuropathy, nerve pain, as well as bowel and bladder spasms. It hurts and burns in the lower pelvic area, lots of gas too.

It's always best to get these things checked out but it doesn't always mean you have anything serious going on. Only the doctor can tell you.

I have been awake most of the day (I'm a day sleeper) due to this type of pain and diarhea. It just comes and goes. Try not to worry, just get it checked. GB66
  4. sunnyd33

sunnyd33 New Member

Been doing battle with these things as well since october of this year, and have had a few diagnoses by my gastroenterologist. As I have a history of ovarian cysts, that's what I thought it was. Then the ER doctors i went to, said no cyst, and no appendicitis you must have a uti so I got antibiotics and sent home. a few days later, I followed up with my regular dr who put me on an anti-spasmodic drug to try to calm the cramps from what was to him as well, a trace uti. Meds turned my pee orange and then made my back hurt so bad from my stomach on, that I thought I was passing kidney stones, eliciting another ER visit, where the dr. prescribed naprosyn which I can't take b/c of me already on Lodine, and sent me home saying its a weird fibro flare we can find nothing wrong with you...yada PISSED....cause I knew it wasn't just fibro so the next morning i found a gastroenterologist my insurance would pay for and he ordered a few tests--mrcp, endoscopy, colonscopy (i'm only 33 and they usually don't start them til 50 but I was having some bleeding with my problems), and a gastro emptying study (which is something to consider-- painless they just have you eat a radioactive egg and take a few scans over a few hours to find out what's up w/the way your food digests) and he found out I have esophagitis (ulcers in my esophagus), questionable proctitis (inflammation of the lower part of the colon), and with the gastro study i have gastroparesis--my food doesn't digest properly causing my pain. He put me on Reglan and Nexium, so hoping they work soon. The pain is horrible, the nausea worse. Hope this helps and you fell better soon!