Pain in my abdomen

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by naomihyde, Apr 7, 2011.

1. naomihyde

naomihyde New Member

I have always had problems with abdominal pain from cysts on my Ovaries and what not. But for the last 5 or so years my abdomen starts filling tight inside and then a stabbing pain goes through my lower abdomen a day or so after. I don't even want to stand up it hurts worse when I walk around.

Does anyone else have this problem who has Fibro?
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I do not have this problem and I'm sorry you are going thru this period of pain.

I've heard many woman have problems with polycystic ovarian syndrome. It may not fit what you are experiencing, but worth a check if you haven't done so.

Please see your doctor. It could be something else other than your ovaries. Let us know what you find out!

3. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

In any case please see your doctor about this to find and treat any underlying issues.

Bunchy x
  4. naomihyde

naomihyde New Member

It feels the same as when I had cysts on my ovaries but last time I was in to the gyno he said he didn't feel anything but didn't do an ultrasound. That has been almost three years though so I know I should go back but I just hate having to go in! Thank you for your comments though.

5. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

I had cysts, endo, and something called adenomyosis. Unfortunately the only way to find endo and adenomyosis is with a laproscopic.

Just a few things your doc might want to check on, if it's been 3 years since your checkup, you need to go soon!

those cysts can come and go pretty quick, and if one ruptures it can be really painful.thinking about ya, I know female stuff is crap to deal with!!

6. naomihyde

naomihyde New Member

Thanks Kat appreciate your feedback. I'll ask my doctor. Now I just gotta schedule the appointment LOL!

7. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

You cannot diagnose this yourself or through this board; you really need to see a doctor. That being said, do not let them blow you very specific about the pain, tell them your history, and insist on a sonogram and/or an ultra sound. A few years ago, I had TWO small cysts on my one ovary that could only be seen through ultrasound, but I was in a great deal of pain even though they were quite small. Turned out the two small cysts were pressing against each other and bursting at the same time, causing the escalated pain.

I have also had a bout of diverticulitis (which yours sound like it could be) a while back which knocked me on my a** and hospitalized me for four days--started out as nagging abdominal pain which escalated into seriously mind blowing pain in a matter of days. And as I type this reply to you, I am recuperating from emergency gall bladder removal surgery that I had done five days ago after taking myself to the ER for abdominal and side pain, among other symptoms. So do not fool around, be expedient and get a diagnosis and do not let any sorry a** doctor give you no for an answer and try to convince you that you are not in real pain!

Good luck, and God bless. Pain is no fun and chronic pain is pointing at something that demands attention and needs to be corrected.

[This Message was Edited on 04/09/2011]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/09/2011]
  8. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Has your doctor ever done an ultrasound to check your ovaries? Would you say that your pain feels like bloating?
  9. naomihyde

naomihyde New Member

When I was 18-20 I had many cysts on my ovaries that would burst and hurt like hell. I have been to the gyno since but I was pregnant my son is 19 months old that's why I havn't been in three years but. The pain has since subsided once again I really think it cysts bursting like before the last time I asked about the doc said I don't feel anything but of course he also ignored when I kept having contractions and went into early labor with my son his nurse actually caught it when he was out of town about a month after I had been asking about the pains that he never checked on. So really I just need to go to the doc and insist on an ultrasound when I am in pain.

Thank you everybody you all are good people

:) Naomi