PAIN IN RIGHT SIDE AND AROUND RIB AREA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MOLLY526, Jan 28, 2003.

1. MOLLY526

MOLLY526 New Member

I HAVE BEEN HAVING PAIN IN MY RIGHT SIDE AROUND THE AREA OF MY ILIAC CREST (OR AROUND MY WAIST LINE) AND AROUND MY RIBS. THE PAIN SEEMS TO WORSEN WHEN I SIT A LOT. IT CAN ALSO BE TRIGGERED WHEN SOMEONE HUGS ME AND TOUCHES MY SIDE. MY DOCTOR IS STUMPED. I DID HAVE MY GLABADDER TAKEN OUT, SO I KNOW IT IS NOT THAT. I JUST WOULD LIKE TO BE PAIN FEEL.
  2. Julygal

Julygal New Member

because I have had some severe pains at my waistline at right side in my back. Make sense? Ha! I was scared it was my kidney but my Dr. said it was too low really. I've had several urine tests & nothing is showing up. My Internist said he's sure it's the fibromyalgia, after checking out other possibilities.
    I did have a UTI a month or so ago but didn't have the pain then, so it seems unrelated to kidney,bladder,etc.
    I have the pain you're speaking of fairly often, & ribcage pain, too.
    God bless. You're in my prayers.
    Carolyn
  3. Deb*NC*

Deb*NC* New Member

Have you had your gallbladder checkd out? I am having alot of pain in the middle and right side of my stomach and ribs and the dr did an ultrasound,she thought it was my liver but turns out I have gallstones and it will make you hurt on your right side,its right under your ribs..It will make your shoulder blades hurt too..Let me know what you find out..I go to the surgeon today about taking my gallbladder out..Hope you feel better soon..Take Care..Debbie
  4. dmhaver

dmhaver New Member

check out http://health.yahoo.com/health/dc/000427/0.html

look under definition of fibro, it includes rib pain

hope it rests ur mind