Pain in soles of feet/ hurts to walk

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by RawNerve, Sep 13, 2008.

1. RawNerve

RawNerve New Member

The soles of my feet ache with pain - it hurts to walk. Not all the time but in cycles. I last felt this way some time back and, fortunately, have not had it again until now. I don't know what to do. I soak in epsom salts every night anyway. I have tried ActiveOn by trying to distract the pain. I am already taking Naproxen 800mg. and Ultram which just take the edge off the pain body wide. I've even put Lidocaine patches on them. I'm out of options that I can think of. If anyone has gone through this and has an idea, please, please let me know.
  2. vannafeelbettr

vannafeelbettr New Member

It may sound strange, but I read somewhere about putting iodine on the soles of the feet. When I do that, it does seem to help.

Good luck!
  3. chyrel

chyrel New Member

getting heel spurs.

chyrel
  4. Bratlyn

Bratlyn New Member

Hi there,
    I suffer from Plantar Fascitis:
    Plantar fasciitis is a painful inflammatory condition of the foot caused by excessive wear to the plantar fascia that supports the arch or by biomechanical faults that cause abnormal pronation.[1] The pain usually is felt on the underside of the heel, and is often most intense with the first steps of the day. It is commonly associated with long periods of weight bearing or sudden changes in weight bearing or activity. Obesity, weight gain, jobs that require a lot of walking on hard surfaces, shoes with little or no arch support, and inactivity are also associated with the condition.

Plantar fasciitis was formerly called "a dog's heel" in the United Kingdom. It is sometimes known as "flip-flop disease" among US podiatrists. The condition often results in a heel spur on the calcaneus, in which case it is the underlying condition, and not the spur itself, which produces the pain.[1]

That's the definition of it. I would suggest you see a Podiatrist. I just had a cryo therapy done on my foot for the 2nd time. but this doctor, Podiatrist, suggested that my pain is MORE than others and that he also thinks that a Rummy is a person to see as it's MORE severe than it should be.

Go get it checked out. Mine went away when I was pregnant, but came back HORRIBLY since then!

Good luck!

Brandi
  5. texasrose204

texasrose204 New Member

the bottom of my feet hurt at times making it hard to walk. Which i have alot of due to my legs but my feet come and go. When they are hurting they feel like i am walking on marbles like i can feel every bone? This has been about the 3rd time for this new problem and i have it last couple of days?
  6. findmind

findmind New Member

My DP has this; it is terrible for her.

We recently used capsacin cream on the heels expecially; use very little, for if you wear shoes or socks, it gets hotter!

She swears by it now and is so much more comfortable.

It does seem to come on when she's been especially active on hard floors; going to the store and mopping tiled floors or walking the dog.

Rainy weather activates the pains also; so she takes an aspirin along with the capsacin cream, and feels much, much better.

Hope this helps....
    findmind
  7. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Sometimes when the bottom of your foot hurts, it is because your calves are very tight. Tight calf muscles pull on the plantar fascia in the bottom of the foot and cause pain.

You can find many calf stretches by a google search. Here's one that I really like:

I do this one with tennis shoes on. Stand close to a wall facing it. Place your toe up against the wall (so your toe is pointing UP). With your knee straight, just lean your whole body in until you feel the stretch in your calf. Don't stretch too far! Hold the stretch for 20 seconds. If you can't hold it for 10 or 20 seconds, then don't lean in so far. Repeat with the other foot.

My chiropractor told me about this stretch. It helps. I even do it in the elevator going to work (as long as I'm alone!).

The other good calf stretch is a lunge type stretch.

Stretch those calves and your feet will feel better. It isn't immediate, but stretch for a week or so and you'll start to feel some relief.
  8. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I do not have planters fasctitis or whatever - I DO have very painful feet in the soles - sometimes so bad I can't walk, other times I can walk but it catches up .

I was advised to use B5, pantothenic acid and I've been taking it for a couple of years now. Does it help? I think it helped a little at first and now I'm scared to stop taking it.

I feel that what I have is neuropathy in the feet and that it is not going to get better.

Rosie
  9. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I agree with an above poster... It could be PLantar Faciitis. I have this as well. And it does come and go for me, I don't have it all the time.

I think that it is worth getting checked out for this if for no other reason than to rule it out. Or if they do say you have it then you have a few treatment options to choose from that can ease the pain some.
  10. acer2000

acer2000 New Member

I read over at lymenet when I was researching Lyme disease and co-infections that this is a common symptom of "Bartonella" and infection you can get from ticks. Have you ever been tested for tick borne infections? Might be something to look into...
  11. lynn3811

lynn3811 New Member

Hi,
    I have had sore feet for the last 2 weeks. The skin on the soles is dry and cracked, sometimes bleeding.

Yesterday I hurt so bad on the soles and heels I resorted to walking on my toes and the balls of the feet. Now, this morning, the calf muscles are soooo sore.

Can't seem to win. Seems like different things come in cycles. I have FM, and it is the worst thing I have ever had to deal with.
  12. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Kind of hard to explain. My right foot feels like it has I have a bulge/lump inside and each step puts pressure on it. I have had it for years. Underside of the foot where the bulge part of the foot is I suspect may be a myofascial knot.(not the heel)

About four years ago I found a store that sold Birkenstocks. I understood the breaking in period as they explained it to me, but as I tried them on, that part of the shoe was raised and hurt just walking in the store. I left with none knowing I would be creating only more problems.

My solution has been crocs. I wear them night and day and they do not put pressure on that lumpy feeling spot. Walking barefoot bothers me, sneakers bother me and I don't even consider anything else.
  13. Nechama39

Nechama39 New Member

This happens to me too! That is what drove me to search for support and then I found this site. It does happen to me in cycles. It used to be once in a awhile and usually when I was sick, over-tired, over worked, and stressed. My gate when I walked changed so much from this frequent pain that the soles of my shoes wore unevenly, as if I were walking on the outsides of my feet. Which was true, I was trying to lessen my pain by shifting the weight load off the parts of my feet that were hurting. Currently, I have been having over a two week stretch with this pain, some days worse than others, but it never really totally goes away. I have done everything I know to give myself comfort to no avail and I am starting to believe that this is what I have to live with.
  14. lavenderwings

lavenderwings New Member

OOOO I have this as well I hate it!!! It just plain hurts I have had this for a few months now even when I stretch my foot make it go in circles I feel like this shocking along the outside of my heel just above the pad of the heel it feels so weird.
    I go to my Dr. next month and I will again complain to her. This will be my second time to see her so I have not decided if I am going to keep her or not.
    So sorry everyone else has this I thought I was the only one.