Pain in the BACK!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SAS, Oct 16, 2002.

1. SAS

SAS New Member

Went to see my PCP last evening for my back pain. He thinks it could be a FMS Flare. Thinks it's muscular, but took some x-rays today to err on the side of caution. Anyway, have any of you experienced really painful back trouble with the FMS? I have had all the other muscles in my body hurt, but never back pain like this.

Shirley
  2. SAS

SAS New Member

Went to see my PCP last evening for my back pain. He thinks it could be a FMS Flare. Thinks it's muscular, but took some x-rays today to err on the side of caution. Anyway, have any of you experienced really painful back trouble with the FMS? I have had all the other muscles in my body hurt, but never back pain like this.

Shirley
  3. arty

arty New Member

I HAVE HAD fIBROMYALGIA FOR A FEW YEARS NOW AND HAVE SUFFERED WITH MY UPPER MIDDLE BACK, ALWAYS ACHING AND NEVER REALLY ABLE TO GET RID OF THE PAIN. I AM NOW HAVING PHYSICAL THERAPY BUT WAS TOLD THEY WOULD TRY TO MAKE ME COMFORTABLE BUT CANNOT BECOME 100% FREE FROM THE PAIN. AT NIGHT TIME I TAKE 2 TYLENOL PM BEFORE BED ABOUT EVERY OTHER NIGHT AND THAT GIVES ME A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP.
    MY BACK FEELS WEAK AND UNABLE TO SUPPORT THE MUSCLES IN IT.
    MY HIPS ARE VERY SORE TO TOUCH AND NEAR THE LOWER LEG NEAR ANKLE TERRIBLY SORE TO TOUCH. I GUESS I HAVE A BAD CASE OF IT FLARING UP. I TRY TO STAY BUSY BUT NOT TO OVERDO IT. HAVE TROUBLE SWALLOWING TOO. NOT SURE IF ITS RELATED THOUGH.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/16/2002]
  4. Joannie

Joannie New Member

My troubles all began with my low back. It is not any fun and unfortunetely mine went all the way up into my neck. You are not alone with this. I feel for you because it is NO fun. I live day in and day out with the back pain. Some days I want to crawl out of my skin actually from the pain.
    I use a heating pad on my back and it helps some. I wish you much luck with the x-rays and hopefully you will find some relief soon. I know what you are going through, your not alone.
    Joannie
  5. karen55

karen55 New Member

And I just assumed that the continuing pain in my lower back was due to that. I had back surgery twice. My neurosurgeon told me the "problem was cured", but I still experience lower back pain, that goes into my hips and thighs. The pain in my hips is very intense, it's one area where the pain never completely goes away, and it will flare at any given time, very suddenly and intense. When it's most intense is when my lower back is hurting a lot too. My upper back, between my shoulder blades gives me pain too, but not the kind that my lower back does.

Karen