pain in the leg

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by glenda2, Jun 21, 2010.

1. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

the pain in my leg has not stopped since thursday,,,it is always there but never this bad all the time. none of my pain meds are working,,,hubby has to help me walk. going to dr. tomorrow.

any ideas in what to do til then? i have tried everything i have....i just can't stsnd the pain anymore. iknow thet say we have over acting nerves but i feel i can deal with alot more pain then the normals but this is getting more than i can bare.

2. shirley1259

shirley1259 New Member

Im not sure what you should do glenda. Have you tried putting heat on it? I hope that they can help you tomorrow at the doctors. Try and stay off it as much as possible.

3. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

it is not rls but i do have that.i 'm not sure i can explain the is constant pain..i have tried heat..vicoden my surgical stocking epson salt. my 024 pain spray..if i sit & rest it hurts just as much it seems to help if i pit ALOT of pressure on it, like sitting with under me or ny hubby sitting on it..i can't sit long i can't stand long, i can't sleep.

hopefuly tomorrow i will get some relief!!!

it hurt so much i would go to er but we know how that would go over!

thanks shirley
  4. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

shirley i just saw the where is the pain at thr top of your post,,,,lol it is my whole left leg...
    [This Message was Edited on 06/21/2010]
  5. shirley1259

shirley1259 New Member

I just read what glen wrote and that is scarey maybe you should go to emergency room. If you are still awake that is. And like KJM said please let us know what the dr. says.
  6. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

it is hard to descibe about being legs are what started hurting 1st when i got leg pain is not new but this leg pain has doubled & has not let up since thursday night, i kept thinking my vicoden would help the pain some so did not call dr. on fri. dr. office closes at noon on fri. i kept thing something i was trying would ease some of the pain..NOT!!!

i thought about the ER but ofcourse i figure they would call me crazy and all that stuff.

i guess what i am saying that it isn't new but yet at the same time kind of i hope that sounds right to you it does in my

it is keeping mw e awake i have tried all the meds i have for it but not working,,,soaked in a tub, my hubby works ovwenight or i would have him sit on it.. putting alot of pressure on it is the only thing that seem to help it.

what really sounds good is one of those torure chambers where they stretch you !!! lol
  7. Doober

Doober New Member

specific to just one area it would be so easy to massage. But the whole leg? Like others have said, get it looked at as a peace of mind to you at the very least.

Does it feel like a muscular pain or is it a localized pain that shoots through the leg? Whatever it is, I hope it is nothing to be too concerned about, but still need to try to get some relief.

About the torture chambers, I honestly think that most of us would just laugh and ask for more if we were thrown on the "Rack",,, "That's it big hooded man, turn the crank a few more notches, go take a break and then come back for more.....LOL"
  8. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

it is just a deep ache all through the leg.. it does not shoot through the leg it is just a REALLY bad leg ache that nothing will touch, & i have had it since thursday night when i thought a flare hit but i will find out soon. i am going to dr. this afternoon.

i think you are right about asking for more from the torture

i was hoping to get advise on what to do for the pain until i seen the dr besides what all i have already done but you know somtimes there is no hope for the decrepid (sp) lol

he will prob just tell me it is my fibro.. i am sure i will look real nice for him since i have been awake all night long. hahaha
    [This Message was Edited on 06/22/2010]
  9. Doober

Doober New Member

The last few times I have had an appointment with not only my rheumy, but my primary care DR, I have mentioned some new things that were hurting that was not "normal", they have both said to me, "oh, it is just part of your Fibro".

The next time I hear this from either of them without some sort of better advice or treatment, I am going to go to the window on my way out and ask for my co-payment back. I mean, I coulda figured that one on my own...really.

I hope you get some answers.
  10. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Be careful about massaging your leg until you see the doctor. As someone else mentioned (I can't see the other posts from here) it could be a blood clot. Massaging a blood clot could cause it to move - therefore traveling to other parts of your body. And, to put it medically - that would be icky!!

Let us know how your appointment turns out.
  11. clamhr

clamhr New Member

hi glenda, i too have had leg pain over the last 3 days, the worst leg pain i've EVER had. also my girlfriend as well. you're actually the 5th person i've heard that has had horrible leg pain at the same time as myself and others. they hurt so bad i was walking with a cane because i felt like i couldn't keep my balance and they'd cramp up. i don't have any idea except this.
    My fibro came back llast year after being gone for about 6 years. it reappeared and was far more painful than i ever had before. had another flare up this week after not having a flare for almost 9mos., only this time, it was intense, I'm on Effexor SR 75mg and when i called my doctor, he prescribed Effexor IR 37.5 to be taken along with my 75mg Effexor SR(difference is one is sustained released which lasts ALL DAY and the other is immediate release for flares). i took the IR 37.5mg and within 2hrs last night i was able to ease into sleep realizing that my pain was going away. this morning it was back but no where near as intense as it was. so i took another 37.5 and within 2hrs it was gone. that was at 7am. at 3pm the pain was starting back in but even less intense than the morning and took another 37.5, within 1hr, the pain was gone. My doc told me that most likely the severe pain will be gone by wednesday night and i should be on my way to being over the flare but to continue with the IR for 3 more days 3 x/day and to rest for another 3-5days - no stress, no lifting, nothing labor intensive
    My girlfriend told me that when she was first diagnosed with fibro 8yrs ago, her doctor put her on effexor also, then years later, changed her to something else, then to something else, and now she's back on effexor at a larger dosage and her doc also does the Effexor SR with IR for flareups. Effexor was the drug of choice years ago and as far as i'm concerned, is the only drug for me now with IR for flares.
    So in answser to your question, i have no idea what caused the intense leg pain in me and 4 others that i know, all i know is that i was almost in tears. i'm so sorry for your pain. Perhaps you can speak with your doctor and ask if effexor sr with ir for flares would be appropriate for you. good luck glenda
  12. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

went to the dr. today..i did not have a blood clot. he did do some blood work to see if there is something with the muscles of my one leg since it was kinda of a new feeling..i always have leg pains both legs, both arms, back , hands , feet well you get the pic,,,,ALL OVER but since this was a bit dif he wanted to do the blood work.

he gave me 2 new rx one is neourontin (because i couldn't do lyrica or savella). the other on is an rx for lidocane(sp) patches well i didn't fill it becausewith my insurance i would still have to pay $200 for 30 patches & i was to wear 2 on my leg. i can not afford that!!!

so i took more vicoden my heating pad the my ointment then my vicoden on & on i did have to use my cane the last few days & i hate it but it helps unless my arm & hand hurt which it usually does..

well there is my update thank you all for replying & i hope you all are feeling better then me!!

i am going to go reinvent the torture chamber!!! lol my dr thought that was so fuuny.

hope i can sleep tonight because i have been awake since 2am yesterday...i have meds to knock me out but with this leg pain it's a no go!!!
  13. clamhr

clamhr New Member

hi glenda, i'm sorry you're still in pain. i am glad your doc did labs just to rule out blood clot but it's really trial and error until you find the right combination that works for you. this year and particularly this week has been godawful for anyone with fibromyalgia; there was a brief blip on our home news channel about fibro and how out of nowhere, many patients across the country have the same pain in the same area and no one can figure out why. storms in one area but no in another area yet the same pain. go figure!

well i wish the best for you. hope your doc can come up with something soon.
  14. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

thank you leg is starting to feel better. YAY!!!! but it is suppose to rain today so we will see if it continues or gets worse i can guess! you said it was on your news that is great they are talking about it. where are you from? wish we heard more about it on the news & things like that..something that would be more valuble then the lyrica commercials.

now that my leg is feeling better & the rain coming i will just feel it in other places of the body.

hopr you all are doing well!!

15. sportsmom628

sportsmom628 New Member

I know exactly what your talking about I have the same exact thing that comes and goes but in both legs, only thing different is I am on Dilaudid which helps alot better, but when I don't take it watch out! I know hot baths help me along with meds. But it is that deep constant pain that doesn't matter if you rest or not won't go away! I feel for you cause I know exactly how it feels! Good Luck.
  16. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

sorry you have to feel this too. you are right doesn't matter if you rest or not it is always there. i dod the epsom salt in the tub & it feels just a bit better as long as you are in the tub but as soon as you get out the pain comes back.. it was feeling better yesterday but going to rain today so it's hurting a bit more again.

plus i have a migraine. i think i spelled that right. lol
  17. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

thank you so much....i do feel better..i use alot of 024 it is a spray with all kinds of oil in it so far that is the only one that even helps a little..i used to be able to buy it from cvs but they no longer carry it so i have to order it online, it is wonderful but it has a strong smell for i did buy some red tiger balm but the verdict is still out on that one. it may help a small area but i could only find the one in the tiny jar so it would take the whole jar for everywhere i hurt & then some. been taking more vicoden the normal so hopefully it will get back to the usual pain and i can go back to my ultracet.

anyway thank you for caring
  18. matieofleaves803

matieofleaves803 New Member

I used to wake up crying from the leg and ancle aches.
    they were so deep, it felt like it was in the bone. My father used to message my feet, sometimes and that either helped for"real", or the caring helped. I've been unsure about fibro for me, since it's almost always in the legs.
    I do worry about the possiblity of a blood clot for you. I remember one of the first things that was said to me, was don't just think everyhing is CFIDS. You can get other stuff, too.
    Let us know.
  19. matieofleaves803

matieofleaves803 New Member

You know all about "other things"!
    I think I have menieres, too. My uncle did. I've had an MRI for it. Nothing.
    Also got diabetes high blood pressure, COPD, conjestive heart failure, anemia, and probably hypothroid ....I give up on the spelling. I think I forgot somethings, but I can do w/o them, anyway! ;-)
  20. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

i am pre mother has it my granparents (on both side) & aubts & uncles..& as a child i passed out with my eyes rolled back in my head because of sugar..almost had to take a shot everyday but just stayed on a special diet.but believe it or not i out grew it..not many kids i believe it is just a matter of time & it will be back. i also have anemia & high blood pressure & high cholesterol & tryglyserides...

like you i give up on spelling any

i have a water pill & meclezine for my menieres disease & klonopin also helps to calm it down...

i use klonopin for several things..tmj restless legs sleep nerves.*& menieres disease.. salt is bad for us but i love it...i lose my balance alot with both FM & menieres.

goodluck with yours!