Pain in the legs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by missi126, Sep 28, 2005.

1. missi126

missi126 New Member

Has anyone had pains in just one leg. Muscle spasms, burning, pain in one spot and then in another. I can almost watch my leg muscle flutter as the pains move around. No swelling just pains.
  2. Trnsplntsyr

Trnsplntsyr Member

Hi I too get pain in my legs.
    It usally happens at night when I am trying to sleep. It feels crampy and I feel like my legs jump alittle. The olny two things that help is a warm- hot bath and one asprian at night time.
  3. sacdp29

sacdp29 New Member

I have restless leg syndrome, which sounds like what you have. It is very aggravating. Without my meds I wouldn't be able to sleep. Its worse at night, when you try to sleep. Seems like the older I get, the rls gets worse.
    Check with your doctor. There are several medications that will help.
    Good luck
  4. missi126

missi126 New Member

I didnt know you could get fibro in your legs. What do the pains feel like. Mine feel better when i go to bed
  5. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

missy my pain is like what I imagine is a hot knife stabbing me in the leg in different places at different times I can even get them in my little toe. I do not know what helps I guess I just grin & bear it swear under my breath I am sorry I do not have an answer to the pain.
    Linda
  6. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Hi Missi,

I get severe pain in my right leg. It changes from place to place. I can't say I see the changes, but I sure feel them. There are knots in my calf, back of my thigh, near my hip and on my rear end.

I also get some pain in my left leg, but it's never as severe.

I think mine is in the right leg because I had an angiogram last June. It didn't go well--lots of bleeding inside my leg after the incision to the femural artery opened. The fibromyalgia pain started after that. I think the trauma to the right leg is what set things in motion.

I wish my legs were sore from too much dancing last night, don't you?

Take care!

Francie
  7. pcaron

pcaron New Member

I also have pain in my legs. My right is much worse then my left leg. It cramps up and just kills me, and yes it will move from spot to spot.

I have been taking magnesium malate which has help alot with the muscle cramps. I would get cramps in my fore arms also ouch.

My biggest help was when my doctor perscribed Flexiril for my muscle cramps. I take it only at night, it helps alot with my sleep too.

8. twister425

twister425 New Member

Hi missi
    yes right know i get it in just my right upper thigh.
    it feels just like ellie sayd."a hot knife" it burns sooo bad. I am newly diagnosed. and i hate this DD !!