pain in the soles of the feet help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Smiffy, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

The heat here is causing my feet to swell & the pain in my soles is unbearable. I can't wear my slippers or even my fly flot sandals, & going barefoot hurts too. Anyone know what will give relief please? (I can't take herbs or put anything from a plant on my skin because I'm on the Guaifenesin protocol, otherwise I'd use arnica gel or peppermint lotion). Thanks, don't know how you folk in hotter places manage!
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Smiffy:

The Walking Company has a ton of things for everything.
    Just ask and they may have the solution for you.

They have some stores in malls, but not too many. Luckily they are online.

I pay $55 for great insoles every six months. It is better than hunting down more comfortable shoes.

Rheumy sent me out to hunt them down.

Just a suggestion.

nyrofan
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

I am having a bout of heel pain. Found out on the web it is plantar fasciist.

I haven't had any swelling like you, but is it the entire sole of your foot or just the heel or front pad.

Give them a good epsolm salt bath then keep them up for a while.

I wish I had something more to help you, I had spent all day off my feet because of the pain and I take perocets.

I hope you feel better soon.
  4. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

About 10 yrs ago I had plantar fac. for about a year. The only thing that worked on me was acupucture which I recieved from a podiatrist/surgeon. I only needed 2-3 treatments and it never returned. My feet are completely pain free and they were very bad before treatment.
    ruby
  5. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Thank you so much for your replies; I'd never heard of plantar fasciist but will look it up now. I wonder if those inner soles are on sale this side of the pond. The whole of my soles feel like they're on fire, it would be good to put them in the fridge.
  6. lbuchanan3

lbuchanan3 New Member

I had torn the facia in the sole of my foot a few years ago and they wanted to do surgery but I found a place that sold a foot brace on the net, much like a hand and wrist brace that you put on at night and it helps stretch the facia and keep it aligned. You just wear it at night and try to stay off your feet as much as possible. After a few weeks the torn facia was fine. Hope that helps.