Pain in the upper stomach??????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pumy, Aug 31, 2003.

1. pumy

pumy New Member

Help,
    I have been awoke frequently the past two months with upper stomach pain that feels like someone is squeezing my insides through to my back. Also, I have had my mouth fill up with clear liquid. Ususally heat applied to the area, sitting up alittle, and some mylanta help after about 20 minutes. I have had a ultrasound done for gallstones, there are none. I am waiting for a appointment with a gastro for a endoscopy and have been given previcid until we find out what this is. My husband has a hiatial hernia, and acid reflux which I sometimes feel this could be. My dr. also suggested a ulcer. Anyone have similiar symptoms? What was it? I would appreciate any thoughts while I wait for my endoscopy. Thanks.

Pumy
  2. bitter-sweet

bitter-sweet New Member

I'm glad you're going for endoscopy. In the mean time....maybe try mylanta (30cc) 1/2 hour before meals and at bedtime. You should probably check with your doctor about this because of the prevacid. Don't lie down any sooner that 30 minutes after eating/drinking. Try to avoid food and fluids before bedtime. Also, some people elevate the head of their bed, and it does help. I wish you the best.