Pain in Thighs??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjhdavis, Nov 22, 2005.

1. kjhdavis

kjhdavis New Member

Does anyone else experience really bad pain in their thighs? where it almost too difficult to walk? My legs feel so heavy the past couple of days. I experience this in spells where it will last for a few days and then go away. The doctor I went and saw said it could be FM except the variations I experience. What areeveryone's advice on this. I can barely move it hurts so bad. I have to really push myself to kepp a going. I think this is all from working too hard the past couple of days with preparing for the holidays and of course my job.

Painfully yours,
    kjhdavis
  2. Charleneyz1984

Charleneyz1984 New Member

Hi KJH,

Yes i get this and have had it also the last couple of days. Its very painful and ive been getting it in my muscles in my calf muscles and my thighs. I just put it down to another fibro ache and pain! What sort of pain is it you get?

Charlene
    xxxxxxx
  3. kjhdavis

kjhdavis New Member

My muscles really feel fatigued and even hurts when i try to even bend over. It is hard to explain I guess you could say it feels similar to maybe a pulled muscle. I just can't take it anymore. I need to start going to the pool at my work. It is a therapy pool, but it is good if you can find the time to go. Especially around the holidays.

kjhdavis
  4. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

I get searing pain in my hips and thighs when I have overdone things. It is almost impossible to walk and there are times when my thighs feel like they aren't going to support me any more - they seem trembling.

Today is one of those days for me - it started yesterday. I have a Rhuemy appointment Tuesday and I am going to press for some answers. I know doctor's aren't miracle workers, but this is ridiculous. I feel on Friday (although I think I tripped not that my legs gave out) but I know that heavy feeling you are describing. Good luck...and maybe someone here will have more of answer for you/us!
    Nancy
  5. Charleneyz1984

Charleneyz1984 New Member

Yes that is the way i would describe it a bit like a very bad pulled muscle, and when i tried to rub it oh it hurt soooo much.

I would sugest resting as much as you can, i know this is not allways easy, just do rest as much as poss.

I think it is as a result of over doing it too. But what is really annoying is that i cant think of what i could have done! doesnt take much with this illness tho hey!

Have you got any pain killers?

hugs
    Charlene

6. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

Mine often feel like heavy sacks of flour or something! The muscles are tight and sore. My skin gets sensitive to touch, so that I can barely stand or walk. But sitting is even more difficult!

I would rather not join this club, but thankfully they're not like that EVERY day...

Blessings,
    Lollie
  7. kjhdavis

kjhdavis New Member

No all I have is motrin. they told me take four every 8 hrs. it doesn't help though. I do not know how much more I can take. After the holiday I am calling my doctor and demanding something more.

kjhdavis