Pain is making me depressed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by klarry, Apr 26, 2007.

1. klarry

klarry New Member

I am so frustrated by this disorder. I am in a major flair which began in my lower back and has spread, first to one shoulder and now to the next. I have pain in my neck and in my fingers. I know from experience that this is probably a temporary condition, but whenever I have a major flair I get frustrated. I almost wonder if there is a viral component to these flairs. Anyway I feel better just being able to vent to people who can understand. It is impossible to get my non-fibromyalgic friends and family to understand. They express sympathy, but I always feel as if they think I'm just a big hypochondiac.
    Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. This forum is definitely a big help.
  2. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

I know how you feel. I get the same way. I always start thinking after about 3 days of a bad flare....Is this one going to last forever...Will I ever feel better again....Just our minds playing games withus I think. I have been in a bad flare for over a week now and it is getting to me. I can't clean my house or do my laundry without help. My husband is very supportive but I put so much of my work off on him that I feel worthless. I wish we could all figure out a way to get thru these flares without the depression and feeling sorry for ourselves. At least thats how I feel when it is bad like this. Sorry you are feeling bad but just remember you are not alone. I was here to try to make you feel better but I think I just vented on your post...LOL....sorry....anyway, feel free to vent and remember we are here for each other....BIG hugs, Mick
  3. momof471

momof471 New Member

I'm sorry you are in a flare right now and yes it is so hard that other's don't understand. I've learned they won't and don't even try anymore, its less stress on me not trying to explain myself. Somtimes I get mad, it just makes things worse.

This too shall pass, I hope you feel better soon.

God Bless
  4. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

Larry I am sorry to hear you are in a flare I think I have been too neck and shoulders hurt like the dickens and I had very poor sleep for 2 night's in a row.

I have experienceing RLS I think though I have not ever had it before last night was bad becuse it was my whole left side and even now I am feeling it its driving me nuts.

and the pain in my neck and shoulders is bad. and I have no pain meds I can take at all.

Puffy
  5. Engel

Engel New Member

(((((( hugs )))))) You described some of my pain :) ... and yes people think I am a hypocondriac ... that I am "mental" /suffering from depression ... that I am lazy ... and I am just trying to get attention/have people feel sorry for me ... you are not alone sweetie ... vent away.
  6. poeticbobbi

poeticbobbi New Member

Yep,first you may get a bit of concern from friends and family,but we stay sick too long for them.They don't want to ride out a flare with us that can be ,days, weeks, months.
    This thing is not easy at all.But venting here amongst friends is a great help.
  7. Inagony

Inagony New Member

The "attacks" are becoming worse and more frequent. Nobody that doesn't have it couldn't possibly understand how horrible and debilitating the pain is. What a way to live!