Pain Killer Make Me Nauseous

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tattoopixie, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

Am wondering if anyone else out there had any pain meds other than codiene or hydrocodone???? I have also tried Morphine Sulphate w/whirlys too. I asked my Dr for Demerol but he won't give it to me (I don't understand why if morphine is ok?!). Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    ***Pixie***
  2. amilyne

amilyne New Member

hi pixie, i know that when ever i take percocet i get really nauseated as well.. i just take an over the counter(they have this med at almost all stores--even gas stations) nausea med for "motion sickness" like...Dramamine(?sp) there are other ones but are basically the same ingredient..when i take that i am just fine and have no nausea...hope that helps.
    -ami
  3. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

Thanks for the responses, especially Ami. I never would have thought to use Dramamine! I went to the Dr yesterday & he switched me to Hydromorphone. I am nervous about getting sick & I did not read the posts til today so I will start it after getting the Dramamine. Of course, my insurance does not cover klonopin (thinks that what it was?) that he prescribed to help w/restless legs so I will have to call him again today & get that switched now. Am on state insurance here & this happens alot darn it!
    ***Pixie***
    [This Message was Edited on 03/07/2003]
  4. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Pixie,
    The suggestion of phergren was a great one! I am on opiod pain control, and nausea can be a problem. Phenegren taken with your pain med, not only gets rid of the nausea, but actually adds to the effectiveness of the pain reliever, a great added benefit.
    Best wishes,LL