Pain making me loss appetite

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Does anyone have that problem?No appetite due to pain.Since Dec. I have lost 75 pounds.I have lost 15 of it just from being sick.I get sick to my stomach alot and the pain in my ribs is just so bad at times the last thing I want to do is eat.I do drink alot of fluids though.
    Sheila
  2. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I'm the opposite.. You may want to try some ensure or liquid protein drinks to make sure you are getting the nutrients you need when you are not eating. Your losing too much too fast. What's the doc say about your weight loss?
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

You need something.I would use ensure.

I have gained 60lbs. due to my meds. I only eat one small meal a day.Thats it and I gained all that weight.

I also do not like to eat .I'm just not hungry.I have to eat at least one meal or my meds. make me ill.

Please try ensure and also I think you should speak to your doctor.

Sue
  4. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I have had a weight problem for years, and had many struggles to lose weight. I started trying (once again!) to lose weight last December. My bad pain started mid January. I've lost 70 lbs.

Many people comment that I look great. (I don't tell them I feel worse than I ever have) Some ask me what my secret is since they know I've had a weight problem most of my life.
    Usually I say, eat less, exercise more and make healthy choices. If it is a good friend I'll tell them the secret weapon unfortunately is pain.

5. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Like right now,I have no appetite at all.I feel sick to my stomach and I have pain in my ribs as usual.And the other day my calves swelled up so much it scared me.My stomach stays tight and is a bit pudgy.I may have a reaccurance of endometriosis.That could be causing the tummy being bloated.On my last labs they found that my uric acid was low.I can't help but think this is all connected some how.I did have atleast some cereal and a sandwich this morning.Some days I eat less than that.Most days.ANd I get so many compliments.I use to weigh 250.Everyone just goes on and on about how great I look.Little do they no that being sick is causing me to loss weight.I feel so bad most all the time.Just a sick feeling,cold chills with no temperature,fatigue and nausea.I am trying to get back in the gym to firm up all this loose skin.
  6. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I have no desire to eat, but I don't lose the weight. Now, to put that in perspective, I had weight loss surgery in March, and I'm suppose to drink about 5-6 protein shakes a day to keep my strength up, but I can't even do that lately.

The pain is awful in what it can do to you. Most days I just wish I was never born. Don't get the wrong idea, it's just that I get tired of fighting every day.

Hugs,
    Tigger
  7. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I know the pain is so bad.I can truly relate to what you are feeling.There are better days.I hope some are coming yor way soon.