Pain Management Clinic Anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TKM, Apr 9, 2006.

1. TKM

TKM New Member

My Dr. wants to send my to a pain management clinic. Do any of you know of one in Seattle or Portland area? I live in Kennewick Washington and don't know of one here.
    Have any of you had good luck with this type of clinic?

TKM
  2. mamaeagle0103

mamaeagle0103 New Member

When my doctors got tired of me, they sent me to a Pain Management Doctor and that is where I finally got help. I am in Texas so I can't refer you to one, but that is definately where I got help. Only a little over a month now. Wish I had gone 15 years ago!!
  3. cosmoo

cosmoo New Member

Hi,
    I live in Seattle and I had very good success with the pain management clinic at Swedish hospital. My Dr. Was Dr. Gordon Irving , the head of the clinic. I was really pleased-he definitely believes in Fm and was so patient in trying many different things to set up a protocal to help. He will combine conventional and alternative options for you-you can ask him "hey what about this and should I try acupuncture while we are doing this med ect... They have a fabulous team . It is too bad you will have to come so far to get good help. You can look up Irving he is well know for his pionering work in the field of pain management. At least Swedish is located right off of I-5 downtown and ther are parking gargages.
    Phone Number is 206-386-2013. Good luck.
  4. TKM

TKM New Member

what all did they do for you? My Dr. has pretty much tried everything and will not give my anything stronger than hydrocodone for pain.

TKM
  5. TKM

TKM New Member

I forgot to mention that in my previous post! Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated. I have been in 2 car accidents in the last 2 years and I am about to have a break down with the pain. I will drive to Seattle if that is what it takes to get help. I am just interested in more specific info from you. Thanks again.

TKM
  6. TKM

TKM New Member

are you there I wanted to make sure you see my post.

TKM
  7. TKM

TKM New Member

Just wanted a reply from you please.....

TKM
  8. TKM

TKM New Member

bumping for reply please