Pain Management Clinic

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

What is done at a clinic for pain? do they give you meds or try and show you how to deal with pain?? My Dr wants to send me to a pain Clinic in Toronto, thanks for any help you can provide. Ann
  2. gidgetsmom

gidgetsmom New Member

I've been going to a pain management clinic here in kentucky. They do pretty much all of that. They give meds, physical therapy, psychological counseling, nerve blocks, and trigger point injections. I really have felt that they help me more than anyone. They truly believe that the pain is real and seem to care about me. Hope you have the same luck!!!
  3. Linn3

Linn3 New Member

I went to a fibro pain clinic and came away quite disappointed. It consisted of lectures on pain passageways to the brain, stretching exercises, and discussions on "time management" and trigger point therapy. They touched only very briefly on fatigue and the emotional toll this disease takes. We started out with 8 women in our group and by the end only 5 of us had stuck it out. I wish I had "shopped around" a bit more instead of assuming that a program designed for fibro patients would truly meet my needs. I had co-pays out the whazzoo and really didn't get a whole lot from the program. I am sure there are better ones out there.